Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the latest on All-Seasons for 21"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the folks running these 21" Pilot All Seasons what type of weather are we driving in and are they performing to expectations? Not excited about the OE tires for our mild Kentucky winters so don't know if I go 20" square set up with new wheels and just sell the stock set up or just replace the tires.

I ordered these from Tire Rack but they aren’t on the website so you have to call to order, and they are on backorder for several weeks.
255/35ZR21 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 T0 Tesla, Acoustic Tech
275/35ZR21 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 T0 Tesla, Acoustic Tech

I ordered these from Tire Rack but they aren’t on the website so you have to call to order, and they are on backorder for several weeks.
255/35ZR21 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 T0 Tesla, Acoustic Tech
275/35ZR21 Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 T0 Tesla, Acoustic Tech
You mean backorder for several years! I ordered these back in Oct and dates kept getting pushed back. Couldn’t wait any longer so ordered 265/275 from discount tire.

Moderator note: This post plus the next few replies were merged from a different thread.

This is the question I wanted you to post.

I just purchased a 2022 Tesla model Y performance. The tires that came with the vehicle are summer tires and shouldn’t be driven under 45 degree temp. I live in the NE which our weather gets colder than 45 degrees this time of the year. The manufacturer setup is 255/35 R 21 on the front and 275/35 R 21 on the rear. No manufacturer currently offers a all season or winter tire in those sizes until late January 2022. My Question is It safe to install a 265/35 R21 tire in the front AND rear set up…..or can I do a 245/35 R21 in front and 265/35 R21 in the rear?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the question I wanted you to post.

I just purchased a 2022 Tesla model Y performance. The tires that came with the vehicle are summer tires and shouldn’t be driven under 45 degree temp. I live in the NE which our weather gets colder than 45 degrees this time of the year. The manufacturer setup is 255/35 R 21 on the front and 275/35 R 21 on the rear. No manufacturer currently offers a all season or winter tire in those sizes until late January 2022. My Question is It safe to install a 265/35 R21 tire in the front AND rear set up…..or can I do a 245/35 R21 in front and 265/35 R21 in the rear?

The 265/35R-21 will fit the front. The front wheels are 9.5" wide, the rear wheels are 10.5" wide, so the 265/35R-21 may not fit the rear. There are many threads that cover this topic. Your best option may be to purchase a 19" winter wheel and tire package from Tirerack.com, TSportline, or Tesla (currently Out of Stock, Tesla has a caveat that the 19" Gemini wheel and tire package is not compatible with the Performance Model Y but many Performance Model Y owners have fit the 19" Gemini wheels, tires to the Performance Model Y with no fit issue.)

Since Tire Rack shows no available tires, TSportline's 19" wheels are back ordered until Feb '22 another option is to purchase a set of used wheels on eBay (19" Gemini or 20" Induction), they may even come with the needed tire pressure monitor system (TPMS) sensors and the factory all-season tires (OE Contintental Procontact RX 255/45R-19, OE Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 255/40R-20.