Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the latest on All-Seasons for 21"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully this either means more demand to make more AS4/s or Tesla stole the whole supply and it will be impossible for a new order, replacement.
I got a call confirming my delivery next Tuesday, and the guy told me I'd be getting the A/S tires (yessss!!!). It's still on its way here but he knew already. I forgot to ask him how he knew so I called back in and spoke to another person. She said based on the VIN she knew it would have A/S tires. I asked her how she knew and whether it was encoded in the VIN somehow and she just said it's an internal thing they can see.

If you're curious and want to know, try calling and asking them- it sounds like they can look it up now (internally). I personally think they're switching over completely based on how many people either live in harsh winter climates like myself or may find themselves driving through them at some point. Heck, people in Hawaii are getting the A/S tires for gods sake and I don't know of much snow cover there except in the mountains.

She also confirmed that they are the special Tesla tires with the accoustic foam so we'll see how loud it is. This tells me that it's possible some of the major tire sellers may start carrying at least the non-accoustic foam version soon?

I got a call confirming my delivery next Tuesday, and the guy told me I'd be getting the A/S tires (yessss!!!). It's still on its way here but he knew already. I forgot to ask him how he knew so I called back in and spoke to another person. She said based on the VIN she knew it would have A/S tires. I asked her how she knew and whether it was encoded in the VIN somehow and she just said it's an internal thing they can see.

If you're curious and want to know, try calling and asking them- it sounds like they can look it up now (internally). I personally think they're switching over completely based on how many people either live in harsh winter climates like myself or may find themselves driving through them at some point. Heck, people in Hawaii are getting the A/S tires for gods sake and I don't know of much snow cover there except in the mountains.

She also confirmed that they are the special Tesla tires with the accoustic foam so we'll see how loud it is. This tells me that it's possible some of the major tire sellers may start carrying at least the non-accoustic foam version soon?
My issue is I already have these tires since last year. My problem is when it comes to replacing them or preparing one, there is ZERO Stock! I think Tesla just ordered all of them making it a PITA for me to order a replacement set.

Anyone know if the OEM uberturbines can fit 265/35/21 in the rear? Or is a square setup on the 21s impossible?
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 can be installed on rims from 9' to 10.5' and Uberturbines are 10.5" in the rear. So, technically they can at the specified limit.
1641517496177.png

I just bought 4 - 295x35R21 tires from Costco so I could get the $150 off Michelin deal. I was going to have them install just 2 of the tires since I really only need rear tires. And it turns out anything AS4 that would fit in the front is sold out at Costco. If anyone in SoCal wants the other 2 let me know otherwise I will just keep them as spare, but I would sell them at my cost which is $389 each and would include installation if you want to meet at the same time in Huntington Beach.

I swapped my all-season wheels off for my winters this season, and noticed the rears are balding (mostly middle and inwards, the outside looks OK). So it's time to get new tires. 3 years isn't too bad I guess.

Time to bring this thread back up and see if there are anything new with tires lately that I should look for? Last tires I got were:
Michelin AS4
265/40ZR-21
285/40ZR-21

They are great, but yes, a bit noisier than I want. I saw there's an acoustech one, which might be quieter? Any other suggestions?