Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the latest on All-Seasons for 21"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've found a bunch of threads about all-season tires on the uberturbine 21" wheels, but nothing is conclusive. It doesn't seem like there are any official replacements yet, and people are just getting sizes that are "close"

I have a set of winter/snow tires on a set of rims, but I want something that's all-season in case I'm driving over a mountain pass briefly on a fall/spring road trip. One of my tires is losing pressure as of last week, so I'm sure it's a good time to look into new tires.

Where can I get a definitive list of what works as all-seasons on the 21" wheels?

So far it’s been confirmed that Michelin AS4 have fit in 265/35/21 Front and 275/35/21 rears. Another member actually fit 265/40/21 front and 285/40/21 rear with the same tires. In terms Of all season tires, that’s all I know. Michelin is supposedly going to come out with all seasons for the 255/35/21 fronts but nothing yet.
There are a couple of ongoing threads on this that you may want to search.

So far it’s been confirmed that Michelin AS4 have fit in 265/35/21 Front and 275/35/21 rears. Another member actually fit 265/40/21 front and 285/40/21 rear with the same tires. In terms Of all season tires, that’s all I know. Michelin is supposedly going to come out with all seasons for the 255/35/21 fronts but nothing yet.
There are a couple of ongoing threads on this that you may want to search.

You're right, I've found a bunch of threads but I just haven't found anything definitive, though maybe there isn't. The 265/35/21 and 275/35/21 seem to be a good set. I'll try to look for those locally.

You're right, I've found a bunch of threads but I just haven't found anything definitive, though maybe there isn't. The 265/35/21 and 275/35/21 seem to be a good set. I'll try to look for those locally.
Good luck and keep us posted. I too am looking for different, more durable, options. I’m also thinking of just going with a square setup, just so I can rotate the tires. Ifloor this car too much :)

(btw I went to Berkeley, class of 02! How’s life up there? I miss it. I hope topdog is still open :))

Reactions: noshadow
Good luck and keep us posted. I too am looking for different, more durable, options. I’m also thinking of just going with a square setup, just so I can rotate the tires. Ifloor this car too much :)

(btw I went to Berkeley, class of 02! How’s life up there? I miss it. I hope topdog is still open :))

Yeah, I drive like a grandma these days (usually bringing my dog everywhere) so I haven't needed to rotate really.

Berkeley is good! I've been around here for most of my life, so not much new going on.

I have the 265/275 set up on my 21”. Looks great and feels a tad less bumpy. Some folks had complained of road noise but I haven‘t noticed that at all. I had considered going w 19” wheels but the 21’s look so good….

Just ordered them!
265/40ZR-21
285/40ZR-21

Hope to get them on soon. I'm looking forward to not worrying if I need to go through a cold mountain pass on a longer roadtrip and having some more meat to help with the ride comfort. I'm already on MPP comforts, and it's still pretty harsh with the 21's. I have a set of 20" with winter tires, and it's substantially better when those are on.

Just ordered them!
265/40ZR-21
285/40ZR-21

Hope to get them on soon. I'm looking forward to not worrying if I need to go through a cold mountain pass on a longer roadtrip and having some more meat to help with the ride comfort. I'm already on MPP comforts, and it's still pretty harsh with the 21's. I have a set of 20" with winter tires, and it's substantially better when those are on.
Whoops, actually the rear tires are back ordered for 60+ days on tirerack. Anyone know another good place to buy?

E4B9FD52-CFBD-480D-A60D-D9926AA83C77.jpeg

Does this look right? America’s Tire a good place to order?

Reactions: jpy1980
Looking for some advice. While I love the idea of going slightly larger on these, especially for rim protection and ride, I’m wondering if All Seasons is right for me. I live in south FL where I can use summer tires all year, no problem. I grew up hearing All Seasons are a compromise tire and best to use Summer when able……don’t know if thats valid or not. So, my question is: Does it make sense to switch to All Seasons when it’s not required? Am I “giving up” anything by foregoing the Summer tires?

Looking for some advice. While I love the idea of going slightly larger on these, especially for rim protection and ride, I’m wondering if All Seasons is right for me. I live in south FL where I can use summer tires all year, no problem. I grew up hearing All Seasons are a compromise tire and best to use Summer when able……don’t know if thats valid or not. So, my question is: Does it make sense to switch to All Seasons when it’s not required? Am I “giving up” anything by foregoing the Summer tires?
Grip when cornering; the softer rubber compound in summer performance tires will help your Model Y to reach maximum lateral Gs. The softer rubber will wear faster than any of the harder rubber compound tires. If you don't care about maximizing handling but prefer a quieter more supple ride then grand touring all-season tires might be a good choice. Performance all-season tires and Ultra High Performance all-season tires are designed to retain some of the grip of a performance tire, even in colder temperatures.

Reactions: GroovaEV and Riguy