Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what's the subscription FSD rate for people with existing EAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am interested in EAP not FSD, and primarily for the ability to change lanes using the turn signals, to make my highway driving less stressful. Given that there is no demo for EAP, if I use the FSD demo on a turnpike with no destination set, will it behave similarly enough to EAP for me to decide about purchasing EAP, or, perhaps, subscribe to FSD from time to time when I have a long highway drive. I want lane changes when I invoke them, (using the turn signals), not when the software "decides" I should change lanes.

Upvote 0
After trying out FSD, I'd pay to go back to EAP. FSD has lousy highway behavior and leaves an enormous following gap even on the most aggressive setting compared to AP/EAP.

Basic AP will be closer to EAP than FSD is, just without lane changes. You can set FSD to "minimal lane changes" which I believe will only change lanes when an exit is approaching.

Reactions: El joe
Upvote 0
After trying out FSD, I'd pay to go back to EAP. FSD has lousy highway behavior and leaves an enormous following gap even on the most aggressive setting compared to AP/EAP.

Basic AP will be closer to EAP than FSD is, just without lane changes. You can set FSD to "minimal lane changes" which I believe will only change lanes when an exit is approaching.
You can disable FSD at any time, so no need to pay.🙂

Minimal lane changes helps, but sometimes the car changes lanes unnecessarily even with that on, especially if you use the new auto speed offset option.

Upvote 0
Do you not have three options under AutoPilot? Three buttons at the top of the AutoPilot section: FSD on the right, AutoSteer, then TACC on the left.
Now that FSD is only $2,000 for us EAP holders, I may pull the trigger.

The max speed fluctuations and unnecessary lane changer are my biggest issues with 12.3.4.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if it is difficult to cancel a monthly FSD subscription?

I really liked EAP with my recent free trial on a road trip — didn't try actual FSD. I'm about to head out on another 7000 mile road trip and EAP would be helpful, so $99 for a month of it, via the FSD subscription, would be worth it to me.

Autopilot is useless for home driving since the nearest freeway is 100 miles away and I drive two lane mountain roads, often with no lines on them, as well as dirt roads. But for long road trips — 500 to 600 miles a day — it is helpful.

Upvote 0