Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Pricing

What would you pay per month for FSD?

• > $200

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • $150 - $199

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • $100 - $149

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • $50 - $99

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • < $50

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • $0

Votes: 19 24.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have the v12 yet (stupid 2024.8.x branch), but based on my three month FSD referral code promo at purchase last September, I would be very tempted at ~$99 or less per month.

As for the $12,000 outright purchase: hell no. Unless the purchase goes with the driver (I.e. multiple future Teslas on my name), although even that not sure. $12K is a lot of money

Reactions: SO16
I wonder what is the cost of running inference? It might be expensive enough that they need to charge a fair amount just to cover the running costs.
Inference runs on the cars. I think you mean training.

They needed to charge so much because Elon thought they were building robotaxi software. He thought it was going to be a transformative technology many years ago. So he priced it accordingly. Right now, it's an interesting technology that's still got a ways to go before it can justify the price tag that's been hanging on it for so long. The masses are not going to want to supervise the thing.

Today, it should probably be about $1,000 to buy. It's interesting enough for that. Once they start in on providing Level 3, then they can jump to $3,000-$5,000. The monthly price would be priced at break-even after 60 months of subscription.

When they move beyond Level 3, that's when they have to rethink ownership of vehicles because people will run these things as robotaxis. That's a commercial venture. I'd probably go with a subscription for consumers, and some kind of licensing deal with revenue sharing for anyone who wants to run robotaxis. Owning a robotaxi of your own would be more expensive than riding commercial robotaxis all the time, but you'd have the convenience of having one at your instant beck and call all the time, the convenience of leaving stuff in the car, and not having to worry about riding in a messed-up interior.

The various specific features could be sold separately, without subscription, such as Autopark, Summon, etc.

I thought is was "FSD (Supervised)" not "FSD Capability"
For some reason the package you buy is (still) FSD Capability that also comes with FSDS.

I thought they would change it but they kept it the same wording but did add all the other FSDS info except the name. Also kinda odd to tell you get a "free month" when you buy it. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Here it is in the US:
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 6.46.34 PM.png

Last edited:
IMO Tesla should stop *selling FSD (find other options to add sell value) and go to a subscription only. First all new Tesla come with 3 months free (enough to get someone hooked) and I think $100/mo or $1000 a year is the sweet spot. Seems likely Tesla could up the take rate by MANY MULTIPLES making it a true high profit product by putting it in practical finical reach.

At $12K or $200/mo it is just too much for the average consumer (not a commercial product so don't price like one) to fork over no matter how much they may want it.

*For people who bought they could still offer at trade in 5 years of "free" subscription.
Mine aged pretty well. 🤔 😂

Reactions: rwjr44 and bibena