Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Pricing

What would you pay per month for FSD?

• > $200

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • $150 - $199

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • $100 - $149

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • $50 - $99

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • < $50

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • $0

Votes: 19 24.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m guessing that Tesla will offer some deals on FSD at the end of the trial. I have been impressed by v12 so far, but I still wouldn’t pay $12k for a system that requires supervision. $199 a month is a little pricey as well. I’m guessing they would have a hit at $99/month. What do y’all think?

• Informative
Reactions: jbarnum
Today, $50 - 100.

If FSD gets to L4 where I don’t need to monitor it, I think the price is worth well over 200. (Take a nap, do work, watch a movie/entertainment, enjoy the scenery.)

Today, $50 - 100.

If FSD gets to L4 where I don’t need to monitor it, I think the price is worth well over 200. (Take a nap, do work, watch a movie/entertainment, enjoy the scenery.)
This is where I’m at. L4 gets me time back. That has huge value. Right now the value is still limited. It is nice to let the car drive when I’m tired, but I’ll only pay so much for that benefit.

This poll is particularly illuminating given the selection bias of TMC.

Given that most consumers, of any vehicle brand, don't spend any time at all on fan forums...this poll can in no way reflect the general concensus of all Tesla consumers. I assume that most TMC members are (a) fans of Tesla, (b) early adopters of technology, (c) of relatively high income (e.g., households over 100K per year), and (d) excited about the potential of FSD.

I have FSD which I got during the $2K firesale (so this is a moot point) but I would only be willing to pay ~$25 a month for the current system....and maybe $50 a month if it got to L4. However, I am also an early adopter of most new technology, and am continually looking for the next thing (e.g., I update my iPhone basically every year.)

Most drivers don't even reliably use cruise control. So I wonder what the typical Tesla customer would be willing to pay...if anything at all?

Reactions: cusetownusa
IMO Tesla should stop *selling FSD (find other options to add sell value) and go to a subscription only. First all new Tesla come with 3 months free (enough to get someone hooked) and I think $100/mo or $1000 a year is the sweet spot. Seems likely Tesla could up the take rate by MANY MULTIPLES making it a true high profit product by putting it in practical finical reach.

At $12K or $200/mo it is just too much for the average consumer (not a commercial product so don't price like one) to fork over no matter how much they may want it.

*For people who bought they could still offer at trade in 5 years of "free" subscription.

Reactions: popgodazipa
IMO Tesla should stop *selling FSD (find other options to add sell value) and go to a subscription only. First all new Tesla come with 3 months free (enough to get someone hooked) and I think $100/mo or $1000 a year is the sweet spot. Seems likely Tesla could up the take rate by MANY MULTIPLES making it a true high profit product by putting it in practical finical reach.

At $12K or $200/mo it is just too much for the average consumer (not a commercial product so don't price like one) to fork over no matter how much they may want it.

*For people who bought they could still offer at trade in 5 years of "free" subscription.
I agree that they should focus on subscriptions. I would be reluctant to buy because you don’t get the value back when you sell. Total the car driving off the lot? Sorry, you’re out $12k!