Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats up with these cheap NEW chademo adapters on ebay shipping from china?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reminds me of a small fanless computer I ordered through Alibaba from China. It had free shipping, and I thought, "Wow, that's impressive from China." Talk about literally "the slow boat from China". It took a month and a half! It was stuck sitting in Tonga for at least a few weeks. Hard to complain about the slow speed of free international shipping, though.

Yes, while you can get great deals ordering direct from China, shipping for anything larger than a small postal packet can be really hit or miss. I was peripherally involved with a large printing order coming in from China. It took four months at sea. No word on when it would get delivered.

ofcourse using an "off-brand" chademo adapter sounds disastrous, but i'm curious to know the origin of these. They could be genuine.. they could not be, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss these exact ones as replicas.

they could have just been taken off the assembly line of tesla's official manufacturer, just like davewill said. I'm just curious if anyone had any inside scoop or tried to purchase one to compare.
It’s quite a risk. 42-50 kw of power if a fault occurs can start quite a big fire at the charging port. Consider that a lithium ion battery for a laptop contains as much energy as a hand gernade. I’ve seen lots of fires/sparks with 5V at 5Amps when a capacitor shorts, I don’t want to be within 20 feet when 400V at 100Amos let’s loose.