TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Whats up with these cheap NEW chademo adapters on ebay shipping from china?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by cookie99, May 29, 2018.

1. davewill

davewill Active Member

If he's shipping from China, an unusual delay isn't too surprising. More likely his "off the back of the truck" supply dried up, and he was hoping to get some more before people demanded refunds.

2. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

Reminds me of a small fanless computer I ordered through Alibaba from China. It had free shipping, and I thought, "Wow, that's impressive from China." Talk about literally "the slow boat from China". It took a month and a half! It was stuck sitting in Tonga for at least a few weeks. Hard to complain about the slow speed of free international shipping, though.

3. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

Yes, while you can get great deals ordering direct from China, shipping for anything larger than a small postal packet can be really hit or miss. I was peripherally involved with a large printing order coming in from China. It took four months at sea. No word on when it would get delivered.

4. Rossy

Rossy Member

It’s quite a risk. 42-50 kw of power if a fault occurs can start quite a big fire at the charging port. Consider that a lithium ion battery for a laptop contains as much energy as a hand gernade. I’ve seen lots of fires/sparks with 5V at 5Amps when a capacitor shorts, I don’t want to be within 20 feet when 400V at 100Amos let’s loose.

5. qingshan

qingshan 18 lr rwd fsd

This happens all the time. Not a knock off, an over run. You ask a company for 10k widgets, they make 15k. Ten for five for them to sell on eBay