Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's with the Darth Vader sound?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At about 25 mph when I'm decelerating (coasting), my Model X 100D emits two short Darth Vader breaths. I wish I could be more specific than that in describing the sound, but if you heard it, I think you'd agree that it's a fairly apt description -- my 11 year old Star Wars aficionado concurs (as he imitates the sound). Anyway, I'm just curious. What is it? Has anyone else heard this noise? May the force be with you.

Reactions: anticitizen13.7
At about 25 mph when I'm decelerating (coasting), my Model X 100D emits two short Darth Vader breaths. I wish I could be more specific than that in describing the sound, but if you heard it, I think you'd agree that it's a fairly apt description -- my 11 year old Star Wars aficionado concurs (as he imitates the sound). Anyway, I'm just curious. What is it? Has anyone else heard this noise? May the force be with you.
Do you have suspension auto-lowering set to a specific speed instead of always? If so, the suspension might be raising back up to standard at around that speed.

I also have the active spoiler which moves back up around the same speed.

With the radio off, both are audible.

• Informative
Reactions: anticitizen13.7
Do you have suspension auto-lowering set to a specific speed instead of always? If so, the suspension might be raising back up to standard at around that speed.

I also have the active spoiler which moves back up around the same speed.

With the radio off, both are audible.

Ah, yes, that makes perfect sense. It could easily be the suspension raising back up to standard. Thank you.

Where can I apply to get this?