Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your P85D power after X miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh. So are they replacing the whole pack or just opening it up to fix it? If replacing, do you know if you're getting a 90?
Replacing, they told me they are unable to open the pack at the service center. They told me it would be an 85, but that was before they ordered so I don’t think that was really based off of anything other than I currently have an 85. The inconsistency in the 85/90 replacement makes me think you just get what they have available. I’ll just be surprised on Monday.

Also after a quick search I see the non P85D max output at 1300amps is ~415kw. That doesn’t seem like a coincidence. I’m unfamiliar with the pyrofuse. Is that something that would have been replaced with the pack? If so it seems like they didn’t replace it with the correct fuse.

EDIT: I’ll stop clogging up your thread with unrelated info. Tesla confirmed they ordered the wrong pack and is putting in an order for another. Here’s to another shot at a V3 90kw. They said it could be a month or so before they have it in hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don TLR
Also after a quick search I see the non P85D max output at 1300amps is ~415kw. That doesn’t seem like a coincidence. I’m unfamiliar with the pyrofuse. Is that something that would have been replaced with the pack? If so it seems like they didn’t replace it with the correct fuse.

EDIT: I’ll stop clogging up your thread with unrelated info. Tesla confirmed they ordered the wrong pack and is putting in an order for another. Here’s to another shot at a V3 90kw. They said it could be a month or so before they have it in hand.

P85D Insane is 1300 amps x 320 volts (400 volts not underload but a new 85 battery at 1300 amps drops to 320 at 90% and fully heated).

P85DL adds pyro fuse and increases to 1500 amps.

You're replacement battery is either not the L upgraded battery or they turned your L mode off in software.

Does your power setting switch show Sport/Insane or Sport/Ludicrous?

You need to go back to them and let them know that you're only getting Insane power.

EDIT. I should have finished reading your message.

P85D Insane is 1300 amps x 320 volts (400 volts not underload but a new 85 battery at 1300 amps drops to 320 at 90% and fully heated).

P85DL adds pyro fuse and increases to 1500 amps.

You're replacement battery is either not the L upgraded battery or they turned your L mode off in software.

Does your power setting switch show Sport/Insane or Sport/Ludicrous?

You need to go back to them and let them know that you're only getting Insane power.

EDIT. I should have finished reading your message.
It would have been easier if I condensed them into one message rather than 4 in quick succession. Ha

We’ll see what this all brings. I’ll update when I know more, but it could be a bit. I did straight up ask them this time about the possibility of a 90kw battery. He said it would all depend on the current availability. He said it is possible and that he had seen it before, but that this was the exception and not the rule.

To answer the one thing I don’t think I answered in my previous posts. Ludicrous is not disable in the software. My badge is still underlined and I still have the option in the settings.

311BAC9B-BA2A-4C57-BE76-5634D1E35D41.jpeg
Max output. 180.000km
P85D
Need 100kW upgrade :)