TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wheel Alignment Check in the Bay Area

Discussion in 'California' started by 808inthe510, Jan 20, 2014.

1. 808inthe510

808inthe510 Member

I'm just hitting 2500 miles with my P85+ which I picked up on 12/9. I am concerned about the excessive tire wear caused by alignment issues. Can someone recommend where I should take it for this service in the Bay Area and approximately how much does it cost? Also, since its being checked, would you also rotate the tires?

I prepaid the Service Agreement...does the allow me to take the car for alignment checks?

Thanks for helping shed some light on this.

2. strider

strider Active Member

With the car under warranty and with a service agreement I would absolutely take it to Tesla. The folks in Burlingame were good, even gave me a printout of the before and after.

3. Jeddi

Jeddi Member

My rear tires were toasted by the time I hit just north of 7k. Took it in to the factory for alignment inspection at no cost and they took really good care of me.

4. 808inthe510

808inthe510 Member

Strider and Jeddi, thanks. I setup an appt with the Service center so all set. BTW, did they give you a loner or did you just wait for it?

5. xradr

xradr Member

I had an excellent experience at AutoRND (fremont). The owner (Rishie) knows a LOT about tuning and taught me quite a bit. My car drives insanely well, and the stock tesla alignment may be suboptimal for wear.

6. strider

strider Active Member

Mine was in for it's annual so I got a loaner but if you just need the alignment I would wait for it. It should only take them a couple hours max.

7. Jeddi

Jeddi Member

I got a loaner but looks like just about all the MS loaners are sold, so I had the choice between bunch of above average cars (Chrysler 300C, Ford Explorer, etc) or a Roadster.
    I choose....
    Tesla.jpg .

8. 808inthe510

808inthe510 Member

Jeddi, Strider and Xradr,

Thanks for the info...really appreciate it.

9. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Made an appointment for tire rotation and misc stuff at Burlingame for Tuesday next week and, yes, they are indeed all out of loaners. Nick there could only guarantee an Enterprise rental; no mention of the Roadster, hmm... (that may have been the Fremont center?!)

10. Jeddi

Jeddi Member

Yeah the roadster was at the Fremont factory.