Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Covers Other Than Aero

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tezla,
Your wheels are probably not Kavanic. Kavanic wheels do not use the foam strip.
Thanks for the video. That was very useful and confirmed what I was thinking. I messaged the seller on AliExpress where I purchased them from asking them for advice. I assumed that since the foam strips were included in the box, I was supposed to use them but I may have to take them off inorder for the wheel covers to fit properly.

Tezla,
Seen videos of the Rimetrix and Aorham wheel covers and the person involved is shown installing the strips. Hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction.
I found an installation video for the Rimetrix wheel covers and it looks like they also look like mine after installation. I'm guessing this is how they are designed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 8.41.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 8.41.36 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 350
Yup this is the one: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804677001144.html
I think the cost difference is even greater as TSportsline one comes to $292 total including shipping and tax. Aliexpress is the way to go if you can wait a few weeks.
These seem to have a slightly different cap from the TSportline ones. Wonder if they buy from Ali or just found manufacturer and are re-selling slightly altered?

For me with shipping it was under $230 so I think that’s fair to have some support and get it shipped from US. But I am concerned they may not be symmetrical in which case I’d have to return/cancel.

I’m guessing they are not symmetrical because I ordered the 5 pack and they didn’t ask which side I wanted for the extra one. Ugh.

These seem to have a slightly different cap from the TSportline ones. Wonder if they buy from Ali or just found manufacturer and are re-selling slightly altered?

For me with shipping it was under $230 so I think that’s fair to have some support and get it shipped from US. But I am concerned they may not be symmetrical in which case I’d have to return/cancel.

I’m guessing they are not symmetrical because I ordered the 5 pack and they didn’t ask which side I wanted for the extra one. Ugh.
They're not symmetrical, at least not the ones from Aliexpress, all covers are the same. I wonder if the affect will be significant, considering the Tesla 20" Ulberturbine wheels are also not symmetrical.

They're not symmetrical, at least not the ones from Aliexpress, all covers are the same. I wonder if the affect will be significant, considering the Tesla 20" Ulberturbine wheels are also not symmetrical.
Thanks. Tesla's 19 inch covers are also identical on each side so only one side goes into the wind the most aerodynamic way.

I also wonder how much it would improve efficiency if each side cut into the wind the most aerodynamic way.

A word of caution about stick-on center caps, on my particular wheel covers the central cap area is slightly domed which matches the domed adhesive underneath the center caps themselves (THESE ones that We ordered anyway) thereby ensuring the sticky surface fully contacts the wheel cover center domes, while some stick-on caps are totally flat which matches Other wheel covers with the flat center domes. Hope the way I wrote it makes this concept understandable, otherwise you will have center caps flying off later. This is mentioned in some of the Amazon reviews about the domed cap shape vs flat.

A word of caution about stick-on center caps, on my particular wheel covers the central cap area is slightly domed which matches the domed adhesive underneath the center caps themselves (THESE ones that We ordered anyway) thereby ensuring the sticky surface fully contacts the wheel cover center domes, while some stick-on caps are totally flat which matches Other wheel covers with the flat center domes. Hope the way I wrote it makes this concept understandable, otherwise you will have center caps flying off later. This is mentioned in some of the Amazon reviews about the domed cap shape vs flat.

Why don’t they include the logo? How silly

Reactions: mrbulk
Jblanche,
How do you like the Kavanic wheel covers. Any change in your wh/mi? Thank you for the correction.
Just ordered a couple of days ago. Delivery 3/15. Saw another seller selling the exact same wheel as the Kavanics for $20 cheaper. Delivery scheduled for today. A YouTube video rates Kavanic as slightly more efficient. Will let everyone know if this cheaper option is the same. All the advertising is exactly the same. Probably comes from the same factory.