Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Offset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 19’s on the MY and I was planing on going to 20x9 wheel from VMR. Offset choices are +35 or +25. I know both will work. does 25 poke a bit? For anyone that has +25 do you like the look? Also what about +35, do like it or seem more room to be flush?
Hey Neil, some quick questions, are you lowered or stock? are you planning on lowering the car or leaving it stock?

Correct the lower the number the more the wheel moves out towards the fender.

SO lets say the +35 offset is flush, and you ran the +25, then you would be moving 10mm more out towards the fender.

Upvote 0
Check out this Model Y, its running 20x9 +35. pretty flush with the fender. if you wanted something a bit more aggressive with a minor poke then a +25 works !

Attachments

• 1223.jpg
    1223.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 0
Hey Neil, some quick questions, are you lowered or stock? are you planning on lowering the car or leaving it stock?

Correct the lower the number the more the wheel moves out towards the fender.

SO lets say the +35 offset is flush, and you ran the +25, then you would be moving 10mm more out towards the fender.
Thanks for the reply Steve. The model y is not lowered and I don’t plan on lowering. I’m just wondering if the +25 will poke out and if there would be any fittment issues. Is it better to go with a +35 or +25.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Steve. The model y is not lowered and I don’t plan on lowering. I’m just wondering if the +25 will poke out and if there would be any fittment issues. Is it better to go with a +35 or +25.

If you were to run the +25 it will protrude past the fender, so it could rub at a full turn. also everything depends on tire size as well. if you were to run a stretch with a low profile it could avoid rubbing. The safe offset is +35, +25 is more of a semi aggressive fitment.

Upvote 0
if I want more sidewall for better ride quality and less road noise can I install 45's instead of the 35's that come on the car's 21 inch uberturbine wheels?
if you want more side wall correct 45 over the 35. the higher the number the higher the profile is. Road noise however is a many factors, one is height of the tire, and also the tire brand itself. Brands like falcon and hankook, great price for their tires, but some customers have said the road noise is a bit louder. Also depends on the style tire.

Upvote 0
I have the 19’s on the MY and I was planing on going to 20x9 wheel from VMR. Offset choices are +35 or +25. I know both will work. does 25 poke a bit? For anyone that has +25 do you like the look? Also what about +35, do like it or seem more room to be flush?
Neil, there is a piece of the puzzle that you didn't state. Are you changing wheel width. For instance a 9" wheel with +35 offset will have about 1/4" more poke than an 8.5 inch wheel with the same offset. The offset is measured from the center of the width.

Upvote 0