Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Spacers Fitment for Model X with factory 22inch Turbine Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone installed wheel spacers on their Model X with factory 22inch Turbine wheels? I searched and couldn't find any discussions on this. Would want to know the max offset before it begins to rub.

So far, I got information from a post that Unplugged made that 25mm front and rear will rub.

I measured myself and saw that 15mm in the rear and 20mm in the front may be doable without rubbing..

Want to hear to first hand experience. Please chime in if you have already installed wheel spacers on your Model X.

Thanks!

im curious as well.. if you got 1" spacers thats 25mm so they are surely bolt-on type which brings a question if back to Turbine wheel will clear the studs which may possibly protrude from the spacer, especially if back of turbine wheel is completely flat on the section outside of its bolt pattern.

I don't have a car yet to test but was thinking 15mm should clear no problem as most manufacturers are quite conservative when it comes to leaving extra room between tire and fender.. but would be nice to know what others have done already for those with 22" oem wheels.

I would either stick with oem 22" or may possibly go aftermarket with more aggressive offset to eliminate spacer but don't want to run wider wheels as I plan on sticking with stock tire sizes, so we will see what is out there.. found bunch of stuff with different bore which will work with hub-centric rings and not break the bank :)

FBD0B80D-E938-4516-B6D1-507B27F051FB.jpeg
BDF45FB3-66A0-424E-AFA0-B69586B28C4F.jpeg
330BDAB5-D340-45C8-8E1E-CE4D28E247B1.jpeg

not sure if you can see the fitment, but there’s no rub on 22x11 (I think 20-30 offset) and my car is lowered on adjustable links

Reactions: Tesseract
Sell the stock wheels.
Get more aggressive aftermarket wheels
Be different. Be unique
Not helpful.

Also, the factory 22's are probably some of the most beautiful rims for this car. Most aftermarket Tesla rim's I've seen look terrible and cheesy. I've yet to see better suited rims for Model X. If I find any, I'll be the first to buy them!

Not helpful.

Also, the factory 22's are probably some of the most beautiful rims for this car. Most aftermarket Tesla rim's I've seen look terrible and cheesy. I've yet to see better suited rims for Model X. If I find any, I'll be the first to buy them!
You must not be looking hard enough. There are a ton of wheels out there. Yes the stock turbines look nice but they aren't all that. They are also super heavy. Another reason I went aftermarket was to shave off 6-8lbs on each corner. IDK, I guess i am cheesy because I got my wife some aftermarket wheels too.

B1D978D2-326C-48DF-84D7-D45E882B56D9.jpeg

View attachment 543325 View attachment 543327 View attachment 543328

not sure if you can see the fitment, but there’s no rub on 22x11 (I think 20-30 offset) and my car is lowered on adjustable links

looks sharp. what size wheels and offsets? all of that will make a difference if spacers are needed/warranted.

i agree the stock 22" turbines are awesome wheels for the X. however, they are "tucked" in a bit more than i want too. however, i have the air suspension and there isn't much more aggressive of an offset i think the car can handle in "low" mode for there to be rubbing. so also curious to see what size spacers and what suspension makes for a solid fit. add to that clearance with the lugs can be an issue too when running too aggressive spacers.

Last edited:
You must not be looking hard enough. There are a ton of wheels out there. Yes the stock turbines look nice but they aren't all that. They are also super heavy. Another reason I went aftermarket was to shave off 6-8lbs on each corner. IDK, I guess i am cheesy because I got my wife some aftermarket wheels too.

View attachment 543331

To each their own, I'm sure your rims are much more efficient and handle better (since lighter) but I just don't think they look as nice as the Turbines. They scream "aftermarket" to me, not "designed with the car"

Reactions: z168