Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Spacers on Aftermarket Wheels (Perf and Non-Perf)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question, anyone running spacers on aftermarket wheels? (ie - t sport lines)

I reached out to them and they said they do not endorse running spacers on their wheels, but I'm guessing it was for liability concerns (hopefully not structural reliability issues).

It also seems common everyone is running BLOX spacers (20mm in rear and 5mm in front), will running these spacers fit with aftermarket wheels (lugs that stick out)?

Thanks in advance.

For a wheel it really shouldn't matter if it's sitting up against the wheel hub or a spacer. As long as the surface of the spacer is perfectly flat there shouldn't be an issue with any wheel you use. Make sure you get wheel- and hub-centric spacers though, like the Bloxsport bolt on spacers you mentioned.

As for being able to fit them with aftermarket wheels, it all depends if the wheels have a deep enough cavity on the inside for the wheel studs to go into. Most aftermarket wheels do have this, but there are some that don't and are completely flat. With those kind of wheels you usually can't use the bolt on spacers (unless you want to cut the wheel studs) and you'll have to go the other way: Replacing your wheel studs with extended ones and using regular spacers. In my opinion this is the better option anyway, can use whatever size spacer you want after that. I've done this to my own Model 3 (non Performance though).

Also, T-Sportlines are already +35 offset right? That means you should already use 5mm less for your spacers as Tesla's wheels are +40 offset. I'd still use the max of 5 in the front and then 15 rear if that will fit (cavity thing that I mentioned ;)) when choosing for bolt on spacers.

hey firehuntah, thanks for the reply.

yes, seems like 5mm upfront and then from what everyone's been doing with +35 offset in the rear, they've been going with 20mm.

any idea if tsportlines have enough space in the back to accomodate the bolt from the spacer that's sticking out on the 20mm?