Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Spacers with 19" Stock Slipstreams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been searching the forums for a good hour now and have found a ton of information about wheel spacers with square set 21 inch turbines, staggered 21 inch turbines and even 21 inch arachnids but nothing on the stock 19 inch slipstreams.

The common recommendation on the forums is to go with the hub and wheel centric spacers from Adaptec which are sold by motorsport-tech.

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings for your car! | Motorsport Tech

design3.jpg

I want my stock slipstreams to be exactly flush with the fenders on all 4 corners. I am confused on whether the 20mm, 25mm or 30mm will accomplish this for me.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: elee888
I would jack up one front wheel just enough to take the weight off, remove the lug nuts, and move the wheel out til you like it then measure the gap between the hub and wheel with a micrometer. Be careful, it's better to jack a little too high than try to pull the wheel out with weight on it.

Or better yet, go to a wheel shop and ask what works. Flush may hit the fender when turning on bumps. With air suspension this is OK as you can raise ride height when needed.

I have been searching the forums for a good hour now and have found a ton of information about wheel spacers with square set 21 inch turbines, staggered 21 inch turbines and even 21 inch arachnids but nothing on the stock 19 inch slipstreams.

The common recommendation on the forums is to go with the hub and wheel centric spacers from Adaptec which are sold by motorsport-tech.

design3.jpg

I want my stock slipstreams to be exactly flush with the fenders on all 4 corners. I am confused on whether the 20mm, 25mm or 30mm will accomplish this for me.

hello!!
spacers 15mm...20mm...can be fitted on 21" turbines ONLY...
for original 19" - NO

Why not?
The diameter of the tire + wheel is the same regardless of whether you have 19”s or 21”s.

pls look on back side of 21' (marked in red). in 21 mentioned places are more deeper than in 19.
in case use spacers with 19, the own (tesla's) hub's bolts to be stumbled to the wheel surface and wheel could not be centric correctly.
I had such story with my Tesla.

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 308

design3.jpg

There’s a very simple solution. Get a 12” long piece of painters tape, attach a small weight to one end (a large washer or the like will do), tape the other end to the fender above the wheel center, then measure the size of the gap to the tire or whatever else you want to be flush. Do the same with the other wheels. The measured gap will be the width of the spacer you’ll need. If you have staggered wheels/tires the front and rear gaps will be different. If not, they should be the same all around.

• Helpful
Reactions: elee888 and selfbp
pls look on back side of 21' (marked in red). in 21 mentioned places are more deeper than in 19.
in case use spacers with 19, the own (tesla's) hub's bolts to be stumbled to the wheel surface and wheel could not be centric correctly.
I had such story with my Tesla.

I appreciate the advice! I will have to look into this. Would a spacer without studs pressed into them be an option then? See picture below. Are Tesla's studs long enough to hold the spacer and the wheel?

design2.jpg

There’s a very simple solution. Get a 12” long piece of painters tape, attach a small weight to one end (a large washer or the like will do), tape the other end to the fender above the wheel center, then measure the size of the gap to the tire or whatever else you want to be flush. Do the same with the other wheels. The measured gap will be the width of the spacer you’ll need. If you have staggered wheels/tires the front and rear gaps will be different. If not, they should be the same all around.

Thanks a lot for the trick! I will definitely try this.

I appreciate the advice! I will have to look into this. Would a spacer without studs pressed into them be an option then? See picture below. Are Tesla's studs long enough to hold the spacer and the wheel?

design2.jpg

That depends on the thickness of the spacer. I’d measure the length of the stock studs and the width of the space to make an estimate. I recall that anything over 10mm my require studs on the spacer.