Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels actually turn when playing Pole Position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn't this a given?

The steering wheel is physically connected to the front wheels... if you turn the steering wheel, the wheels are going to turn.

Tesla set up Pole Position so that it requires very small movements on the steering wheel. I'd be surprised if you could wear flat spots on your tires with any reasonable play (e.g. excluding playing in the car for hours a day) that wouldn't be rounded off almost immediately when you start driving.

Rubber spots on the floor might be a thing, though... although I bet even those are minimal. Did you check?

Reactions: M109Rider
I quit playing when I saw that the wheels were turning. You are tight, it takes very little steering which is good but I think I will abstain none-the-less. Not really hating here - I just wanted folks to be aware. Also, since I tuck my Tesla into a corner, the wheels are cut while parked. I had to turn them back to straight to play. I tried an xbox 360 controller and that wasn't working right. Very flakey - at least for Pole Position.

When the car key is active the wheel turns easily and the brake lights work. It looks like someone is hitting the brakes on and off constantly when playing. After awhile my car did not recognize the key and the brake lights stopped working with the game and the steering wheel was much tighter.

I was trying out the new Pole Position game using the steering and brake controls. On a hunch I decided to take a peek at the front wheels and, sure enough, they are turning as you turn in game. So unless you want to wear flats into your tires and make black smudged on your garage floor, I recommend using a USB controller only.

upload_2018-12-21_15-44-58.png