TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wheels for Model S and Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bobbygwald, Feb 19, 2017.

1. bobbygwald

bobbygwald New Member

Hi,

I'm new to Tesla. Just took over a lease for a 2015 Model S 85 and have not yet picked it up. I'm also in line for a Model 3. I plan to not keep the Model S at the end of the lease, but am considering upgrading the 19in wheels.

My question: Can I invest in wheels for this Model S that I could transfer to the Model 3? I saw that the Model 3 should be able to fit 20x8.5 20x9 staggered wheels. I'm not really a wheel expert, but should something like those work well and look nice on both cars. Any other advice or ideas for what I'm trying to do?

Don't want to invest in wheels for a lease I plan to return in a couple of years.

Thanks!

2. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

#2 FlatSix911, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    We won't know for sure until the detailed specs are released for the Model 3, however it appears that the 19" Model S wheels will be a bolt on :cool:

3. JBsC6z51

JBsC6z51 Member

I'd suggest waiting a few more days as the model 3 info might release ...

The cost of rims and tires is so expensive....if your trying to move the new set over to the upcoming model three...I'd wait to see ...before purchasing wheels for a leased model s

4. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

Where did you see that? That's pretty specific for a car that's not in production yet.

5. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Agree ... keep in mind that OEM BMW rims will also fit a Tesla. There seems to be a great selection available used/aftermarket :cool:

I believe the wheel speculation is based on photos of the 235/35ZR20 tire size photographed on the Model 3 prototypes :cool:

upload_2017-2-20_9-16-57.png

Attached Files: