Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels for Model S and Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm new to Tesla. Just took over a lease for a 2015 Model S 85 and have not yet picked it up. I'm also in line for a Model 3. I plan to not keep the Model S at the end of the lease, but am considering upgrading the 19in wheels.

My question: Can I invest in wheels for this Model S that I could transfer to the Model 3? I saw that the Model 3 should be able to fit 20x8.5 20x9 staggered wheels. I'm not really a wheel expert, but should something like those work well and look nice on both cars. Any other advice or ideas for what I'm trying to do?

Don't want to invest in wheels for a lease I plan to return in a couple of years.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm new to Tesla. Just took over a lease for a 2015 Model S 85 and have not yet picked it up. I'm also in line for a Model 3. I plan to not keep the Model S at the end of the lease, but am considering upgrading the 19in wheels.

My question: Can I invest in wheels for this Model S that I could transfer to the Model 3? I saw that the Model 3 should be able to fit 20x8.5 20x9 staggered wheels. I'm not really a wheel expert, but should something like those work well and look nice on both cars. Any other advice or ideas for what I'm trying to do?

Don't want to invest in wheels for a lease I plan to return in a couple of years.

Thanks!

We won't know for sure until the detailed specs are released for the Model 3, however it appears that the 19" Model S wheels will be a bolt on :cool:

Last edited:
I'd suggest waiting a few more days as the model 3 info might release ...

The cost of rims and tires is so expensive....if your trying to move the new set over to the upcoming model three...I'd wait to see ...before purchasing wheels for a leased model s

I'd suggest waiting a few more days as the model 3 info might release ...
The cost of rims and tires is so expensive....if your trying to move the new set over to the upcoming model three...I'd wait to see ...before purchasing wheels for a leased model s

Agree ... keep in mind that OEM BMW rims will also fit a Tesla. There seems to be a great selection available used/aftermarket :cool:

Where did you see that? That's pretty specific for a car that's not in production yet.

I believe the wheel speculation is based on photos of the 235/35ZR20 tire size photographed on the Model 3 prototypes :cool:

upload_2017-2-20_9-16-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-20_9-14-24.png
    upload_2017-2-20_9-14-24.png
    665.7 KB · Views: 60
I have Tsportline 19" wheels on my 2013 P85+, and was wondering if I could use them on my reserved Model 3. From the "wheel guide on Tsportline's website, it looks like the PCD spec's are different (both have 5 bolts, but the distance is different - 120 vs 114.3). Oh well. Do other's think this is right?
wheel comparison.png

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
The difference in the 19 inch wheels between the S and 3 was much discussed when the specs of the 3 came out last summer. Sorry, the answer is "no," the bolt patterns are different and the wheels are not interchangeable between the S and 3. My understanding is that the 3 wheels are a more common size, so that should increase aftermarket options. (I. too, was hoping that I might be able to use a spare set of S wheels on the 3. No dice.)

I have Tsportline 19" wheels on my 2013 P85+, and was wondering if I could use them on my reserved Model 3. From the "wheel guide on Tsportline's website, it looks like the PCD spec's are different (both have 5 bolts, but the distance is different - 120 vs 114.3). Oh well. Do other's think this is right?View attachment 282145
Yes, it is correct. The 3 has different bolt pattern than the S and X.