Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels peeling M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Newbie here but have been reading for the last 3 months.
Purchased a M3P a couple of months ago. I was washing the car the other day and noted what appears to be the upper layer of paint or lacquer peeling in several areas on a couple of wheels.

Done a quick search and couldn't find anything on here or the Web that matches my issue. Haven't tried to claim on the warranty on this and am doubtful this would be covered. Has anyone seen something similar to this?

Advice appreciated.
Cheers Tony

Attachments

• 20230717_213255.jpg
    20230717_213255.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 20230717_213318.jpg
    20230717_213318.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 131
I haven't seen this on Tesla rims but I've seen it on others. There won't be a warranty to them, Tesla would have no idea what was done to them, maybe someone applied a wheel cleaner not designed for that kind of rim? Or the tires rode through something corrosive, who knows? The previous owner may have had the wheels coated and that is what is peeling? My advice is to either price out new rims or contact a company near you that does refinishing work on rims. I assume you would need to have them sandblasted and recoated.

Hello All,

Newbie here but have been reading for the last 3 months.
Purchased a M3P a couple of months ago. I was washing the car the other day and noted what appears to be the upper layer of paint or lacquer peeling in several areas on a couple of wheels.

Done a quick search and couldn't find anything on here or the Web that matches my issue. Haven't tried to claim on the warranty on this and am doubtful this would be covered. Has anyone seen something similar to this?

Advice appreciated.
Cheers Tony

Those wheels have been refinished.