Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When and how to get the $5000 refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think if the do $5k back for P3D+, then P3D- owners are screwed because they paid as much as P3D+ did but only have a P3D- to show for it.

P3D- have free unlimited supercharging with their vehicles.

P3D has to give up free unlimited supercharging to get $5,000.

Why does everyone think the $5,000 back comes with no strings attached?!?!?!!??

P3D- have free unlimited supercharging with their vehicles.

P3D has to give up free unlimited supercharging to get $5,000.

Why does everyone think the $5,000 back comes with no strings attached?!?!?!!??
I don't think that is entirely true. I believe you had to use a referral code and order before 9/15 to get FUSC for that to be the case. I did that, and my account still shows Pay per use for SC (although my OA assures me I have FUSC).

I don't think that is entirely true. I believe you had to use a referral code and order before 9/15 to get FUSC for that to be the case. I did that, and my account still shows Pay per use for SC (although my OA assures me I have FUSC).
When Tesla announced FUSC with referral for M3P, they said all M3P prior will get FUSC retroactively without referral (because M3 P or not was not part of referral program before then).

When Tesla announced FUSC with referral for M3P, they said all M3P prior will get FUSC retroactively without referral (because M3 P or not was not part of referral program before then).

that was my purchase point FUSCing granted prior to referral program on model 3!
maybe those in same circumstances should get both refund & FUSCing?
I’m also surprised no one’s getting excited about sales tax?
7.75% of $5,000 = $387.50!

I think we all get that....we just want the same option to give our free supercharing for something more valuable

Contractually, what is owed?

Nothing.

I make it out the worst as I already had FUSC independent of referral codes or retroactive gifting from Musk.

All I have is the option to exchange my FUSC for $5000.

A 3P- owner who ordered at the same as me got nothing. They were owed nothing and got nothing - so it’s a push.

They also paid 5000 less as well so they don’t need the swap FUSC option like the 3P+.

No matter how much you use it, value it etc it’s not relevant. Tesla valued it at 5000 for purposes of trading.

Nothing.

I make it out the worst as I already had FUSC independent of referral codes or retroactive gifting from Musk.

A 3P- owner who ordered at the same as me got nothing. They were owed nothing and got nothing - so it’s a push.

They also paid 5000 less as well so they don’t need the swap FUSC option like the 3P+.

No matter how much you use it, value it etc it’s not relevant. Tesla valued it at 5000 for purposes of trading.

Obviously nothing just like nothing is owed to people that bought PUP. I am just hoping that as performance model owner to be treated the same way as others. Value is relevant to me as a customer specially because FUSC can not be transferred to a buyer if I were to sell the car. :)

Let us know. I got the canned denial today for my p3d-.

One reply I got admonished another customer support reps' response (that I had shared with them in a question); I posted before but whomever I have gotten a hold of specifically said ALL (in their caps) in the response to me. None of my recent responses have included an individual's name in the email so I don't really know how many people might be chatting with me.

Also this email I have (dated 8/6/18), which I believe a bunch of early Performance buyers got, does not distinguish between Performance variants

Hi Julie,
We just added free, unlimited Supercharging to your Model 3 Performance.

In addition, you can also participate in the Tesla Referral Program and give unlimited Supercharging to five friends who purchase Model S, Model X or Model 3 Performance until September 16. From that point on, orders placed with a referral code will receive free Supercharging for one year instead of unlimited.
Share your referral code: http://ts.la/julie3438

As a thank you, we’ll send you exclusive awards for your referrals—including a drivable Tesla Model S for Kids, a Signature Black Wall Connector, and an invitation to our next unveiling event. You can track your referrals through the Tesla App, or check out the full program details here.

Thank you for helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

My account still says Per Per Use, which seems pretty common. I have not paid for super charging on this car ever so the first email is accurate, for me, at least.

No email I have ever received has separated the Performance Model 3 variants, rather they suggested all are equal in the same way as the phrase in my free charging email did... FWIW

It is 95% the cause of the furious 'debates' going on in various forums, who is entitled and what not.. All I wanted was confirmation one way or another but until I decided to specifically ask for a refund, my take is they would (logically) discourage folks from wanting it..

I told Tesla, and I plan to, that I would use the refund to get Tesla stock. Outside of maybe going for the MPP larger/lighter front rotor, that is my plan so maybe that makes me a suck up or something..

Nothing.

now for those of us that received FUSC based upon purchase date rather
than via referral, it complicates the “giving up” part of the argument,
as they PUP $5K and FUSC were different lineson a transaction.

if you arrived at FUSC due to referral, that’s a different yet separate line.

contractually, once a merchant states “refund” it is owed.

Reactions: Sg911
A
now for those of us that received FUSC based upon purchase date rather
than via referral, it complicates the “giving up” part of the argument,
as they PUP $5K and FUSC were different lineson a transaction.

if you arrived at FUSC due to referral, that’s a different yet separate line.

contractually, once a merchant states “refund” it is owed.
Agreed. They keep offering me the free supercharging for life but I already had that based on purchase date. I opted for my $5000 , and like the free supercharging concept - also Elon stated in the Model 3 reveal , that it would have free supercharging STANDARD ! Whatever that means but I would like at least the first 10 supercharging costs waived with no time frame cos I may not travel for a year on it.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike