Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price refund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not good model. It’s like buying a TV a month later drop 20%. No retention value like other cars

I said the following in another thread here on the topic of "FSD is now cheaper". I havent seen anything in this thread that is different than what I said before:

For some reason, Tesla owners by FAR seem to think that "what I paid has to be the absolute cheapest thing that anyone ever pays, ever". I am not sure where that much entitlement comes from but its amazing (and not in a good way).

I paid $70,500 for my Model 3P in 2018. The same car was selling a month ago with discounts for 49k not counting a tax credit. #@$@! happens, prices change.

I am not complaining about it, I am only pointing it out to show that I am not some rube who is just saying "suck it up, no one anyone was entitled to pay the lowest prices ever, when they purchased...." I am also in that same boat, and no, I dont care, because I never expected that what I paid would be the lowest prices ever sold, and no one else should either.

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird and EVNow
This should be regulated! I bought a TV at Best Buy, and 3 months later they had a sale and the TV was $200 less. Bastards wouldn't give me the $200 refund. Howards is the same - bought a refrigerator and just over 2 months later it was $350 cheaper. Where's my money?!?

Every seller should be required by law to refund everyone if a product is sold for cheaper at some point in the future. Especially gas stations!

Oh wait... 😁😄

Will refund price change after the purchase. I have purchased few months back and now price is reduced 8k. This is a reduction of more than 10%. Not fair at all. Anyone knows anything or share on next steps. Thank you
Thanks for a good laugh!! When Tesla slashed car prices up to $20k a year ago there were surely tons of people thinking like you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I like the way Tesla added massive amounts of salt to the wound by saying FSD would keep going up in price as it gets better, and when it actually gets pretty decent, they halved the price since the high of $15K. Imagine how those suckers feel right now that paid that $15k when it was completely unusable and they have since sold the car and got about $1000 in trade in value for their $15K investment in the future!

Last edited:
If it makes OP feel better, almost all EV’s are going through similar bloodbaths.

Easiest thing to do is to vote with your wallet 🤷‍♂️

That's what I did. I sold my 2023 Model S at a huge loss ($100K vs $70K) and then bought a very lightly used 2019 supercharged 5.0L V8 Jaguar XJL for $45K, which put $25K back in my pocket, and stopped the massive amounts of bleeding. The Model S values continued to tank and will continue to tank, but a year later, I could probably sell my Jag for about the same price I paid for it. No way will my Jag depreciate as much as what I would lose if I kept the Model S long term because the value of the Jag would have to go negative for that to happen. And the Jag is 1,000 times nicer and more fun to drive than the stripped down, rough riding, noisy and uncomfortable Model S, and the kicker is that the Jag is much more reliable than the Model S, which broke down on the side of the road at midnight after 5K miles!

Last edited:
That's what I did. I sold my 2023 Model S at a huge loss ($100K vs $70K) and then bought a very lightly used 2019 supercharged 5.0L V8 Jaguar XJL for $45K, which put $25K back in my pocket, and stopped the massive amounts of bleeding. The Model S values continued to tank and will continue to tank, but a year later, I could probably sell my Jag for about the same price I paid for it. No way will my Jag depreciate as much as what I would lose if I kept the Model S long term because the value of the Jag would have to go negative for that to happen. And the Jag is 1,000 times nicer and more fun to drive than the stripped down, rough riding, noisy and uncomfortable Model S, and the kicker is that the Jag is much more reliable than the Model S, which broke down on the side of the road at midnight after 5K miles!
So you sold the Model S during what is considered for ANY car it's highest depreciation period and then bought a used vehicle for essentially the EXACT price that the same year used Model S goes for?

Smart move!