Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does the "Amount Due" in "Pricing Details" become final?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Placed my order for a SR+ a few days ago and filled out / uploaded all the info in the "Prepare for Delivery" section. Got approved for a loan and can see my estimated monthly payments as well as the "Amount Due" at the bottom of the pricing details.

My question is: is that "Amount Due" a final number at this point? I deal with Tangerine bank and they do not do wire transfers and getting a certified cheque takes 2-3 business days so I'm a little concerned that I won't get the cheque in time if Tesla only gives me 48hrs notice on the final amount owing. I'd like to order a cheque asap so I'll be sure to have it on delivery day.

It does say "The information below will be used to generate your final contract and your final payment amount. Changes after confirmation may affect your delivery date."

Any ideas? Has anyone purchased using Tangerine for their down payment?

Cheers!

You can probably ask your OA if a personal check on the day of delivery is acceptable to cover small differences or just buy a cashier's check (grocery store, local B&M banks, etc). My # wasn't finalized until a day before the delivery day but I had last minute changes like AP/FSD/tire size upgrade/downgrade issues.

FWIW, I know you mentioned you can't do ACH, but my OA told me that plenty of people complete their final payment literally the day of delivery, though those are through ACH pulls. I made 3 separate ACH payments in addition to my initial 2500 deposits to cover various changes I made between deposit and delivery day.

The only thing that changed on mine is when I contacted my advisor a few days before delivery to have them change my registration to a limited edition license plate that I wanted, which raised the registration cost by $100. I had already accepted the terms/contract on the website, and when he made that change, it prompted me to accept the new terms, with the new amount reflected.

Then, on delivery day, I did the ACH payment from the Tesla website on my phone while talking to the delivery advisor. I realized at that point that I could have made the payment any time prior, but I, too, was worried that the amount my change slightly. I needn't have worried - the amount that the website shows you for "Make Final Payment" is very accurate, unless you plan on making any changes at delivery.

The only thing that changed on mine is when I contacted my advisor a few days before delivery to have them change my registration to a limited edition license plate that I wanted, which raised the registration cost by $100. I had already accepted the terms/contract on the website, and when he made that change, it prompted me to accept the new terms, with the new amount reflected.

Then, on delivery day, I did the ACH payment from the Tesla website on my phone while talking to the delivery advisor. I realized at that point that I could have made the payment any time prior, but I, too, was worried that the amount my change slightly. I needn't have worried - the amount that the website shows you for "Make Final Payment" is very accurate, unless you plan on making any changes at delivery.
Thanks!

You can probably ask your OA if a personal check on the day of delivery is acceptable to cover small differences or just buy a cashier's check (grocery store, local B&M banks, etc). My # wasn't finalized until a day before the delivery day but I had last minute changes like AP/FSD/tire size upgrade/downgrade issues.

FWIW, I know you mentioned you can't do ACH, but my OA told me that plenty of people complete their final payment literally the day of delivery, though those are through ACH pulls. I made 3 separate ACH payments in addition to my initial 2500 deposits to cover various changes I made between deposit and delivery day.
Yeah, I figured the difference wouldn't be significant if any since I'm not making any changes to the order, so a personal check probably wouldn't be a problem. Thanks!