Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When I get back in my car, Spotify plays a few seconds of a song, then stops.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve never had an issue before the last few weeks, gotta be something else causing this. Song starts to play then the song/album image goes away on gauge display and touchscreen, then Spotify goes blank and stops playing. Seems like some connection issue with Tesla.
When I have Spotify open on my phone the phone app and the Tesla Spotify can get into a sort of deadly embrace. Neither one will let go control.

You can try the Spotify phone app; Log into Spotify Premium account using the phone app and follow your favorite playlists. The next time you drive your Tesla the most recently played Spotify streaming content should be playing when you enter the Tesla vehicle. The other playlists that you have followed on your phone may also appear.

For me it seems to be all tracks and podcasts as well. Really frustrating and it's only happened in the last week. I wondered whether my phone was logging me off, but when i opened spotify on my phone in the car it tells me on the tesla screen that it's in use elsewhere, whereas when the track stops playing usually it's just as if it's lost connectivity. I did wonder whether it has coincided with the change of the UK Model 3 SIM card redirection from Norway to UK? It does seem (for me at least) to have started around this time.

Could it be your account is being played somewhere else when you get into the car? This has happened to me before
when Wifey is playing Spotify in the house and I start the car it stops playing because your account can only
play on one device at a time...