Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to order to get by June 30th tax incentive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to a Tesla store today and asked them this question. I am looking for blue. I want the LR RWD, but content with having to pay the extra for the LR AWD. I was told off-menu models would be 6-8 weeks. I was also told that even of ordering from the current website models, they are suggesting ordering now to get it by June 30th. Is this realistic or are they just wanting to get that sale in? Outside shot I may still go with the SR+ RWD.

I went to a Tesla store today and asked them this question. I am looking for blue. I want the LR RWD, but content with having to pay the extra for the LR AWD. I was told off-menu models would be 6-8 weeks. I was also told that even of ordering from the current website models, they are suggesting ordering now to get it by June 30th. Is this realistic or are they just wanting to get that sale in? Outside shot I may still go with the SR+ RWD.
Depending on your driving habits the SR+ RWD is a great car. From what I’ve read here the range is fine for most people, and delivery will be in a few weeks. Good luck and when you get your car have fun driving it.

Depending on your driving habits the SR+ RWD is a great car. From what I’ve read here the range is fine for most people, and delivery will be in a few weeks. Good luck and when you get your car have fun driving it.

Yeah, the SR+ is enough range for my driving habits, but the in car streaming with full immersive sound and live maps in addition to not having to charge as much is something I still haven't 100% decided on. I hate FM radio, so it's almost having like no radio at all without streaming.

They are probably right. If you want to make sure that you get it, then the earlier the better. There's the chance that it might appear tomorrow, but also the chance that it will take a long time, it just depends on what you want.

If this will be your primary family travel car, and you do travel, then I'd go for the LR. If this is a commute car or you don't travel, the SR + would be. fine. I had an 88 mile Leaf that worked great as a commuter car. 200+ is icing on that cake.

It seems implausible that you couldn't get an inventory car from the Web site listings in under 2 months. Most people seem to get them within a couple days, if they're from a local center. The bigger issue is, cars disappear from the Web listings every day (yesterday, an AWD left my local listing. This morning, two SR+s weren't listed any more.) Too early to say how often new cars get added. If you're not willing to take whatever color/configuration is there when you're ready, you run the risk of needing to get in the build-to-order line.

• Helpful
Reactions: garth_angst