Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will be the Tesla NEMA 14-50 Adapter restock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The notification is for the online store only and the online store stock is completely unrelated to the SC stocks. They are somehow part of the same company, but that's about it.

I also managed to get some 18" snow chains through the notification on the online store (had been out of stock for weeks), so that works.
The 14-50 adapter may never be back in stock in the online store - just check your service center.

I actually drove to my local SC (would not pick up the phone or return calls) to try to buy the bag of all adapters that's on the online store. The folks at the SC had never heard of it and could not find it in their system... OTOH, he mentioned having sold a 14-50 adapter just minutes before I showed up and that they regularly receive batches, but run out quickly too. So, check your SC!

I'm in no rush to get a 14-50 adapter myself, but I want to pick one up as a last resort RV park charging solution before I vacation this summer. I was going to wait until just before I plan to go on vacation, but given how it seems to be frequently out of stock, I'll probably pick one up as soon as I get notified about it.

I'm in no rush to get a 14-50 adapter myself, but I want to pick one up as a last resort RV park charging solution before I vacation this summer. I was going to wait until just before I plan to go on vacation, but given how it seems to be frequently out of stock, I'll probably pick one up as soon as I get notified about it.

Makes sure you know what plugs the RV parks you might stop at have. Many have the older NEMA 10-30 instead of the NEMA 14-50. There are also adapters plugs available at RV stores and online, so if you have one of those and your 14-50 you are good to go anywhere.

• Informative
Reactions: DMLou
FYI for those planning to charge at a RV Park...

TT-30R (the older RV plug you find at RV parks, 30A 120V) to NEMA 14-50 DO NOT WORK! They aren't wired correctly for a Tesla. You have to buy a converter cable specifically wired for charging Tesla vehicles. The RV adapters double the single phase 120V across the two hot lines on the NEMA 14-50 adapter female outlet basically making a voltage difference between the two read as zero volts. The two hots have to be be out of phase to make a voltage difference of 240V, that's how split phase works. The special adapters put neutral on one of the hot lines so the voltage difference is 120V, and the Tesla will see 120V and charge just fine.

Last edited:
Makes sure you know what plugs the RV parks you might stop at have. Many have the older NEMA 10-30 instead of the NEMA 14-50. There are also adapters plugs available at RV stores and online, so if you have one of those and your 14-50 you are good to go anywhere.

RV parks don't have NEMA 10-30 sockets. What the do have are NEMA TT-30 sockets, which are 30A/120V so they can provide 2.88kW for charging, half of what NEMA 10-30 can provide. Tesla isn't selling adapters for NEMA TT-30, but you can buy those from EVSE Adapters.

TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3 Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters

RV parks don't have NEMA 10-30 sockets. What the do have are NEMA TT-30 sockets, which are 30A/120V so they can provide 2.88kW for charging, half of what NEMA 10-30 can provide. Tesla isn't selling adapters for NEMA TT-30, but you can buy those from EVSE Adapters.

TT-30 Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3 Gen 2 – EVSE Adapters
I have this adapter and it works pretty well, it automatically sets the proper amperage to 24 amps or 80% of 30 amps and takes care of the special wiring for you all in one unit without any adapter cables, plus it also has the temperature sensor in the end of the plug like all of the other Tesla adapters in case the plug overheats that you will not get with a converter cord.