Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Will My 2023 Model Y will have FSD (supervised) ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently purchased 2023 Model Y from Tesla website thinking that it will have a FSD supervised but it had FSD 11.x version .. This was a complete bummer.

Any idea, does Tesla plan to roll out FSD (supervised) for 2023 Model Y with HW3 ?

My current 11.x version feels unrefined as compared to FSD 12.x

Recently purchased 2023 Model Y from Tesla website thinking that it will have a FSD supervised but it had FSD 11.x version .. This was a complete bummer.

Any idea, does Tesla plan to roll out FSD (supervised) for 2023 Model Y with HW3 ?

My current 11.x version feels unrefined as compared to FSD 12.x
Updates come at random and it takes a week to update the fleet. If everyone updated at the same time it might crash Tesla servers.

Sounds like the former owner was rejecting the updates. Set it up for WiFi at your home, bet you see an update(s) in a couple of days. Keep an eye on the Tesla app watching for an update so you can update when the car isn’t needed. I think a lot of people don’t see the update until planning to use the car. Who’s going to wait 30/40 minutes while the car updates?

Last edited:
Updates come at random and it takes a week to update the fleet. If everyone updated at the same time it might crash Tesla servers.

Sounds like the former owner was rejecting the updates. Set it up for WiFi at your home, bet you see an update(s) in a couple of days. Keep an eye on the Tesla app watching for an update so you can update when the car isn’t needed. I think a lot of people don’t see the update until planning to use the car. Who’s going to wait 30/40 minutes while the car updates?

Thank you very much for the response ... Yes .. its has been setup to wifi and its already checking for updates daily in the morning .. Hopefully the car will get this update soon.

Thanks for the response.... I already have FSD hardware purchased on the car and it does not show me any upgrade options related to FSD :(.
Open the app on your phone and go to 'Upgrades'. I think you can subscribe to FSD there. However, as someone who has FSD, you should know that overall it's not very good at all. Even that latest version. There's still phantom braking issues, it wants to change lanes all over the place which can disrupt traffic, etc. It's not worth the money he's charging. Not by a long shot.

Open the app on your phone and go to 'Upgrades'. I think you can subscribe to FSD there. However, as someone who has FSD, you should know that overall it's not very good at all. Even that latest version. There's still phantom braking issues, it wants to change lanes all over the place which can disrupt traffic, etc. It's not worth the money he's charging. Not by a long shot.
Thank you for response .. I already have FSD purchased so I don't see any upgrade option.... I had driven FSD 12.x and that was awesome ! .. but this 11.x version is not refined .. I don't want to be a beta tester for Tesla FSD 😂

Thank you for response .. I already have FSD purchased so I don't see any upgrade option.... I had driven FSD 12.x and that was awesome ! .. but this 11.x version is not refined .. I don't want to be a beta tester for Tesla FSD 😂
You're still a beta tester regardless of what version of FSD you have. The system is nowhere near 'FULL self driving', which would be SAE Level 5. At best I think it's Level 3 but still probably considered Level 2 because Level 3 allows some hands off and eyes off from the driver. As far as I know, you still need to be hand on and eyes on for FSD.

Reactions: Jamesbond9
You're still a beta tester regardless of what version of FSD you have. The system is nowhere near 'FULL self driving', which would be SAE Level 5. At best I think it's Level 3 but still probably considered Level 2 because Level 3 allows some hands off and eyes off from the driver. As far as I know, you still need to be hand on and eyes on for FSD.
Thanks.. but wondering if Tesla plans out to role FSD 12.x to my car .. Otherwise its a big bummer.

Thanks.. but wondering if Tesla plans out to role FSD 12.x to my car .. Otherwise its a big bummer.
It will get it eventually. No one will know when and there’s no way to get it sooner.

There are two software “tracks” depending if you have active FSD or not. Cars with active FSD generally remain on older car software but with newer FSD.

If it came with the full FSD option already then the car might be waiting for a version with FSDS v12.4.x which is not released yet.

A lot of cars with active FSD are still on 2024.3.25 but since you are already on 2024.8.9 it can’t downgrade.

2024.14.x is mainly for cars without active FSD and they will not receive the very latest FSDS updates.

There is if they plan on releasing FSD v12.4.x “soon” which has been rumored to be on software version 2024.9.x.
That makes sense. I read something on Not a Tesla App earlier today that said some people who subscribe to FSD are cancelling their subscriptions just to be able to get 2024.14.x. We purchased FSD for both cars (one was transferred from a previous car), so we’ll just wait it out. FSD v12.3.6 has been working well on my current road trip, so I’m in no rush to get v12.4.