Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will privately owned Tesla Robotaxis be operating on HW3 or lower?

When will privately owned Tesla Robotaxis (Tesla Network) be operating on HW3 or lower?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 2 2.0%

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Never

Votes: 84 85.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a happy user of AP1 and sceptic of (current) FSD, I found the below recent video compelling. Both going from/to the same location. Waymo using Lidar and HD maps avoids the highway. FSD does well on the highway but would get stuck behind trucks blocking a lane and take forever to get back on track. Overall, both were impressive. OTOH some of the videos shared on this thread, such as starting to weave into a head on collision, are discouraging.

Comparing Waymo and Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta 11.4.3 in San Francisco

Last edited:
As a happy user of AP1 and sceptic of (current) FSD, I found the below recent video compelling. Both going from/to the same location. Waymo using Lidar and HD maps avoids the highway. FSD does well on the highway but would get stuck behind trucks blocking a lane and take forever to get back on track. Overall, both were impressive. OTOH some of the videos shared on this thread, such as starting to weave into a head on collision, are discouraging.

Comparing Waymo and Tesla Full Self-Driving Beta 11.4.3 in San Francisco
Doing it once and doing it 100 000 times between failures is the main difference at this point.

Reactions: hooty and QUBO
I already got Tesla to refund my FSD payment :cool:
So as for the rest, too scared - a sort of Stockholm Syndrome if you will
You are projecting your limited understanding of people's reasons and wants since I bought FSD and am overall satisfied. I would NOT take a refund if offered and prefer to keep my FSD Beta experience. I find it an intriguing, rewarding, execrating, sometimes frustrating and look forward to each drive. It is somewhat like a video game experience and it is WELL worth the cost for me.

EDIT: I have 0 interest in having a robotaxi and would NEVER allow that anyway. I never expected more that a L3 system at the best and if we get there I will be trickled pink. Even if it stays L2 and continues to improve I will also be satisfied. It is getting so close, especially in suburb and highway driving that disengagement are becoming rare. I drove from the middle of Atlanta Saturday to a running trail 30 miles out of the city. I went all the way out and all the way back (almost 60 miles) with only one disengagement and if I had been patient it would have likely worked it out.

Last edited:
You are projecting your limited understanding of people's reasons and wants since I bought FSD and am overall satisfied. I would NOT take a refund if offered and prefer to keep my FSD Beta experience. I find it an intriguing, rewarding, execrating, sometimes frustrating and look forward to each drive. It is somewhat like a video game experience and it is WELL worth the cost for me.
???
The implication of instigating legal action is due to not being satisfied with what you paid for.
Ugh.