Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When you don't get the job, but Tesla uses your location recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before my current venture, I was a young whipper snapper out of college hoping to strike it high with a job at Tesla's real estate department. Apart of my task was to recommend locations to them for the West LA area. I spent 2 days preparing a report that I was very proud of. They ended up choosing someone else and never gave me a solid understanding on how I could have better presented myself. My assumption is they 1) didn't think I did the work or 2) was too young lol.

Anyways, was scrolling through TMC when I saw this blog Tesla Files Permit for Charging Station, Restaurant in Santa Monica

Crazy, because in my report below, 1401 SM Blvd was my number 1 recommendation! Regardless, this will be a cool as hell charging station/restaurant.

PS. Please excuse the grainy quality on some photos from the pdf. I exported at low quality so it could upload here.

Attachments

• Christopher Finck - Site Selection.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 117
Sorry the job there didn't materialize and sounds like you ended up elsewhere, but thanks for sharing the location proposal you did for them. It was interesting to see how such proposals are presented and what info goes into them. I like your layout BTW. My guess is your top selection was probably the same as a number of other candidates, but I know as a job interviewee it would be nice to get feedback on what they liked and not about it and how they found your personal report with them. So many times you just never get that kind of feedback.

On a slightly different real estate usage, I keep hoping Tesla chooses a location in my area for a service center and hope someone in their real estate division is considering our area. On a short 20-30 minute drive each morning to the train station and to Starbucks I routinely see anywhere from 2-5 Teslas on the two streets I travel. Even trips in town during the work day I'll encounter Teslas on the roads and parking lots. I know within a short radius around our house that we have at least a dozen Tesla owners and that's just a small section of town. Out of curiousity would you have any idea what kind of criteria would go into their evaluation for such a usage? I assume since Tesla has location data on all their cars, they have statistics on how many Telsa owners are in a given area on a weekly basis and base some of their decision making on that factor too.

Last edited:
On a slightly different real estate usage, I keep hoping Tesla chooses a location in my area for a service center and hope someone in their real estate division is considering our area. On a short 20-30 minute drive each morning to the train station and to Starbucks I routinely see anywhere from 2-5 Teslas on the two streets I travel. Even trips in town during the work day I'll encounter Teslas on the roads and parking lots. I know within a short radius around our house that we have at least a dozen Tesla owners and that's just a small section of town. Out of curiousity would you have any idea what kind of criteria would go into their evaluation for such a usage? I assume since Tesla has location data on all their cars, they have statistics on how many Telsa owners are in a given area on a weekly basis and base some of their decision making on that factor too.

From what I remember, they are extremely short staffed on the Real Estate team..I think 9 or 10 total and expect overtime hours to be done on projects. I assume they have a ton on the pipeline, but cant handle everything at once :/

Reactions: SMAlset