Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When you get a text from someone at Tesla, how do you know it's legit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text this morning from a Nevada number. Says he's from tesla and is asking me to confirm my registration address. As a consumer, how do we know when these texts are legit? Just the paranoid side of me talking here.

Personally, I would never give personal information in response to a text like this (or an email or a phone call). If you need to confirm your address, you should be able to do it on the website. Or ... if they need a direct 1-1 confirmation, ask for their extension, call the Tesla #, and then dial the extension.

Got a text this morning from a Nevada number. Says he's from tesla and is asking me to confirm my registration address. As a consumer, how do we know when these texts are legit? Just the paranoid side of me talking here.

Ask them to email you from a Tesla.com email address and send the replay back to a Tesla.com email address. Text messages numbers can be spoofed very easily.

Reactions: MXWing
ι'νє вєєи тєχтιиg Back and forth with a Vegas number, and spoke to her at the Tesla number... so they are legit for now. The delivery scheduling team! Won’t be long before a scam starts emulating them lol e.g. craigslist R.I.P.