Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are they now? The first 100 Roadsters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on vp 21. I had a deposit on vp21 for about 2 months. The weather finally broke and was ready for my roadster. Called Ryan Kennedy and told him I was ready.Got a call the day before pickup. Upon final inspection, they found some damage to the frame (they refered to the "tub") on the car. They told me that they would not be able to fix the frame due to the extreme repairs neccesary. I heard from Ryan a few weeks later. He informed me that they are doing what they can to repair the car and maybe use it as a test mule for future roadster upgrades.

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Update on vp 21. I had a deposit on vp21 for about 2 months. The weather finally broke and was ready for my roadster. Called Ryan Kennedy and told him I was ready.Got a call the day before pickup. Upon final inspection, they found some damage to the frame (they refered to the "tub") on the car. They told me that they would not be able to fix the frame due to the extreme repairs neccesary. I heard from Ryan a few weeks later. He informed me that they are doing what they can to repair the car and maybe use it as a test mule for future roadster upgrades.

Any updates on VP21??? and are you still interested?

Mine is VP32 so there's definitely more than 27. From my research, I believe the VP's were up to 37 +/-1...

I thought VP33 was the last... Well, there is a mysterious VP201 but it was something different.

VP32:
VP32-5YJRE11B181V00032-b.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Any updates on VP21???

... I had some old pictures of VP21:
VP21-5YJRE11B781V00021-4.jpg
VP21-5YJRE11B781V00021-3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if VP22 or earlier were ever sold to customers?

I know Silver VP19 had been sold. First in the UK, then brought to California.
I think Orange VP6 was on display in the Lotus factory for a long time, then finally sold in California.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have any clue who has F006? Its black and I see it around a lot.

Yes, he has a black Model S too...
2012-tesla-model-s.jpg

Probably wants to forget about this:

TeslaCrash3a.jpg

Last edited:
Hey AEdennis....how's #40?

The car's a blast to drive (when my wife let's me drive it...). Currently trying to see if there is a an issue with declining CAC values/ideal mile range (Trying to see if our CPO Roadster ideal mile range loss/CAC value decrease is real...) or on my blog (Rebalancing the Telsa Roadster battery pack | My ActiveE made me Accidentally Environmental starts it and with subsequent follow up posts.)

We picked I up with about 186-187 ideal miles and it was as low as 171 ideal miles until we started to do some of the rebalancing exercises. My wife's almost has done 4x the mileage from the original owner's miles (11,000 ish vs. 2220 when we bought it) since September.

The Roadster is so much more fun to drive than the S, though the S is definitely more "tech"

The car's a blast to drive (when my wife let's me drive it...). Currently trying to see if there is a an issue with declining CAC values/ideal mile range (Trying to see if our CPO Roadster ideal mile range loss/CAC value decrease is real...) or on my blog (Rebalancing the Telsa Roadster battery pack | My ActiveE made me Accidentally Environmental starts it and with subsequent follow up posts.)

We picked I up with about 186-187 ideal miles and it was as low as 171 ideal miles until we started to do some of the rebalancing exercises. My wife's almost has done 4x the mileage from the original owner's miles (11,000 ish vs. 2220 when we bought it) since September.

The Roadster is so much more fun to drive than the S, though the S is definitely more "tech"

Just a quick update... I really need to do a post, the past few months, since we've stopped plugging the car in every night, the CAC's gone back up to as high as 149.92 and has bounced between 147 and 149.92. Ideal miles have been as high as 179.

We're around 15,600 now and still having fun.

I've posted here before regarding our #33, delivered on Halloween 2008, so now 6+ years old, 35K miles (due to short commute). Still running fine, and (knock wood) no battery or drivetrain repairs other than the line input fuses in the PEM blowing at the celebration of the Roadster HPC installation at Harris Ranch years ago. Said fuses were swapped on-site by JB Straubel using the ones from the car he had driven to the event!

Longest drive: Vancouver, BC, last year. Planning a drive to Idaho and Montana this year.

...no battery or drivetrain repairs other than the line input fuses in the PEM blowing at the celebration of the Roadster HPC installation at Harris Ranch years ago. Said fuses were swapped on-site by JB Straubel using the ones from the car he had driven to the event!
You should make up a plaque to put on your car stating: "Personally repaired by JB".

You should make up a plaque to put on your car stating: "Personally repaired by JB".

Good idea! For some reason my PEM did not have a "warranty void if seal is broken" tag on it, but I guess JB could have authorized replacement of the tag in any case. It was neat to get a chance to see inside the PEM, although there were other layers still blocking the view of some of the interesting components.

PEM-repair.jpg