Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where are we with VIN Numbers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text message today about my Model Y Performance with Performance Upgrade Package, Blue exterior, Black interior, Tow hitch order.

“Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 7 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday”

What VIN are we on right now? I am hoping quality issues start getting sorted out.

I got a text message today about my Model Y Performance with Performance Upgrade Package, Blue exterior, Black interior, Tow hitch order.

“Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 7 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday”

What VIN are we on right now? I am hoping quality issues start getting sorted out.

they’re non sequential. New vins are being assigned as low as 17xx and as high as 17xxx

Reactions: Matsayz
So I just got my MY today with a tow hitch... I'm in the mid 11k.

BTW funny story- I get my car and say, so I got the tow hitch right? they open the lower trunk and look for something.. and then go into the building and tell me I didn't get the tow hitch but they will owe it to me and the will get that fixed... OK, didn't shock me...

So I'm home going through all the settings and I see all the Tow mode stuff... Why would that be enabled if I didn't have a tow hitch? Pop the plate off the back- YUP tow hitch. So the moral to the story is- tow hitches are sooo rare and new the delivery team doesn't seem to know what to look for.

BTW funny story- I get my car and say, so I got the tow hitch right? they open the lower trunk and look for something.. and then go into the building and tell me I didn't get the tow hitch but they will owe it to me and the will get that fixed... OK, didn't shock me...

So I'm home going through all the settings and I see all the Tow mode stuff... Why would that be enabled if I didn't have a tow hitch? Pop the plate off the back- YUP tow hitch. So the moral to the story is- tow hitches are sooo rare and new the delivery team doesn't seem to know what to look for.

Classic! I am so pulling this ”prank” on Friday.

Any significant issues worth mentioning?

Classic! I am so pulling this ”prank” on Friday.

Any significant issues worth mentioning?

Given everything I've seen in forums and YouTube I was shocked... The paint was good, no chips on the door edges, if I look up from the ground the bottom facing things were painted... Now I didn't go looking for swirl marks in the light- My cars have to learn to survive me so I'm not worried about that.

The right back seat didn't drop automatically and its a bit off- I've seen a lot of YouTube talking about this and mine was the case too... its still functional, but that should be fixed. And the seams and gaps seemed pretty good, the back lights were properly flush - I only had one other issue and that's the back passenger door... the door to the back panel wasn't really even- and that wouldn't have bothered me but its also sticking out a bit- so I'm worried about wind noise... So they put it on the list.

And of course- they are supposed to fix my missing tow hitch (which isn't so missing)... I'm wondering if I'm supposed to have a different plate that goes over the hitch- something easier to take off and on than pry it off, maybe that's what they were looking for. That said- if it isn't, Abstract Oceans, or someone should make a replacement plate with an easier way to pull it off.

Overall it went great... we all wore KN95 masks and my delivery agent helped me get going because it was really my very first time driving a Tesla (the ultimate leap of faith). I've watched a lot of videos so I knew the theory- BUT WOW I had no idea what the standard regen was like... for the first 5 miles it was like I was learning stick shift- everyone being pushed into their seats when I went forward, got off the gas too fast and everyone lunging forward... it was hysterical! But I was good by the time I got on the highway.

So, 2" receptor?

Reactions: Matsayz