Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is Dyno mode with V11?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's still there. They moved it about a year ago to the software menu. Hold the "Model 3" logo until it throbs, type "dynotest", hit the left turn signal, then press "OK".

It doesn't do anything interesting on the road though. Just limits your speed to 15mph. Perhaps it only works on an actual dyno?
Oh, I haven't noticed that it's been gone for a while then!

I live in Canada and my driveway is pretty steep, so dyno mode is sometime useful to get to the top.

Thanks for the reply :)

It's still there. They moved it about a year ago to the software menu. Hold the "Model 3" logo until it throbs, type "dynotest", hit the left turn signal, then press "OK".

It doesn't do anything interesting on the road though. Just limits your speed to 15mph. Perhaps it only works on an actual dyno?
In case anyone trying to do this in V11 is unclear on what the OP means by "main screen," (or if that's where it used to be), now you go to the software settings screen, the one that shows a picture of your car, your mileage, release notes, etc, and has your car's logo in big letters, i.e. "Model Y" for me. So, get there, hold down the left blinker, then hold down the stylized model name logo until a "password" dialog appears. Then put in "dynotest"

As far as I can see there’s no diagnostic data shown anymore. I wanted to find out my battery pack size, but alas nothing….except the worry about whether it had properly disengaged dynotest after coming out of it.

As far as I can see there’s no diagnostic data shown anymore. I wanted to find out my battery pack size, but alas nothing….except the worry about whether it had properly disengaged dynotest after coming out of it.
That info was not something that was normally part of "dynotest". There was a bug in a few Tesla software versions for a very limited time that gave access to diagnostics mode when trying to go into dyno mode. I played around with that diagnostics mode for a few weeks before I reluctantly updated my car to the next version (which I knew would remove it). The diagnostics mode can be useful and I wish we could access it at any time without having to jump through hoops.

Because Dyno mode disables all traction control and makes the car basically undrivable. EV's have too much torque and a human can't deal with that at low speeds. The first versions of Dyno mode didn't have the 15MPH limit and people crashed their cars immediately.

Hi all! I realize this thread is about a year old, hoping someone spots this…

Just picked up my 2022 M3 Standard about 6,500mi ago. First Tesla/EV and love it so far. I’ve been trying get it into dyno mode unsuccessfully for a while now and I’m hoping someone can shed some light.

I hold left turn signal
Long press “Model 3” till it flashes and get the password menu
Type the word dynotest
Press “OK”
And still I have TC kicking in as soon as I get wheel spin

I’ve tried in park and in drive; foot on and off the brake; while holding blinker through the whole process and also releasing while releasing it at various points throughout the process. I got nothing.

Suggestions..?

Are you actually on a Dyno?
The modern dyno mode shuts off instantly when it detects actual car motion (via GPS or possibly accelerometers)

You know you are in dyno mode as you get a huge DYNO red label on the screen.

But if you're trying to do this to actually drive and slide around, you're wasting your time.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2