Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WHERE is our Carbon Fiber Spoiler and Badging!?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bad news (more so for the folks who hadn't even gotten an installation appointment):

Hello, my name is xxx and I work for the mobile service team at Tesla. I’m reaching out regarding an upcoming mobile appointment for spoiler installation on your Model 3. Unfortunately, we have found a defect in the spoilers and our inventory is being returned to the factory. I apologize for the inconvenience, but we will need to cancel your appointment and reschedule once a new spoiler part is approved and made available to us. We will reach out to you as soon as the new part is available.

So all the European Performance Model 3s have defective spoilers?

I gave up waiting for my spoiler. Got this on Ebay, color matched to boot! Love it...
20190307_154154.jpg

Reactions: xhawk101
I got my P3D spoiler and badge earlier this week. They didn't mention the defective spoiler when I dropped my car off. When I got it back I noticed the far right corner edge wasn't holding like the left. I could actually see the adhesive pulling off vertically a tiny bit (maybe the thickness of 1-1.5 pennies). The left side was fine. Asked them about it and they said there's a defect in the spoiler and that a new spoiler would be released later and anyone with the current spoiler would have it removed and the new one installed. No ETA on the new spoiler. Here are some pics from a few angles. Apologies for the dirty car. I drove it 70 miles in the rain and told them not to wash it. They got a ton of shop dust, or pollen on it.

Attachments

• 57376901856__29547493-6BC1-4778-9AB0-86C9E29AA20A.JPG
    57376901856__29547493-6BC1-4778-9AB0-86C9E29AA20A.JPG
    600 KB · Views: 205
  • 57376903156__6EFE89C5-5FE6-4F0E-85EF-FDF3489AD192.JPG
    57376903156__6EFE89C5-5FE6-4F0E-85EF-FDF3489AD192.JPG
    589.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_8154.jpg
    IMG_8154.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_8206.jpg
    IMG_8206.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_8147.jpg
    IMG_8147.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 197
  • RenderedImage.JPG
    RenderedImage.JPG
    369.4 KB · Views: 191
I got my P3D spoiler and badge earlier this week. They didn't mention the defective spoiler when I dropped my car off. When I got it back I noticed the far right corner edge wasn't holding like the left. I could actually see the adhesive pulling off vertically a tiny bit (maybe the thickness of 1-1.5 pennies). The left side was fine. Asked them about it and they said there's a defect in the spoiler and that a new spoiler would be released later and anyone with the current spoiler would have it removed and the new one installed. No ETA on the new spoiler. Here are some pics from a few angles. Apologies for the dirty car. I drove it 70 miles in the rain and told them not to wash it. They got a ton of shop dust, or pollen on it.

Wow, dodged that bullet. They cancelled the night before my install. And mine would've been on top of PPF, so removal would probably have messed up the film, too.

Defective spoilers probably explains why Customer Service is still working on getting my due bill installation scheduled. Had appointment with Burbank scheduled for 3/26. Shortly after appointment was scheduled, SA called me to cancel. Customer Service emailed me advising Van Nuys has the performance badge but no spoilers. Customer Service will continue to try to get all the parts and then schedule mobile service to come to my house to install. No ETA after six months. Maybe the spoiler is the same part used on the new cars being built and sent to Europe and China. It may not have problems in factory build but be a problem for after market add on? Who knows, just hope this gets resolved soon.

• Informative
Reactions: P3D_Denver
you had a sticker on yours? Did you get the undercoating too? Did the salesman say he had to run back and check with the manager so he could throw in the floor mats?;)
Ok Stickman-- have it your way. So I have a new Model 3 Inductive charger for sale that will charge your T3 up as fast as a 240V station would. No wires required!!! The MSRP on it is $5,999.99 but since you are member or the forums I can charge you $5,499.99. I will provide you with a P.O. Box to send the check via PM. We are still waiting on our manufacturing arm to actually make the product and you won't receive any status updates from us on when or if it will be coming but DON'T WORRY!! At some point you will get it.

Took first long driving trip in M3P+, visiting Nevada, Arizona, So CA...the desert super bloom is incredible. Unfortunately, I got a big rock right in the middle of my windshield. Have appointment with Van Nuys SC on 4/4 for new windshield installation and was already told no rear spoilers/performance badges available. Now over six months with no status. Does anyone have any other updates?