Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the Model X Test Mule? Is there one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW The X's closest mammalian relative, in looks, is the baby elephant :wink:. In fact, its design was based on it so much, that for the final reveal Elon is going to open the Falcon Wing doors and a baby elephant will jump out.

Actually a quite significant resemblance. In fact, the rumors are true, the final Model X won't ship with Falcon Wings. It will ship with Dumbo Ears, which will enable it to fly.

Main reason for the Model X delay has been that dumbo ohren in automotive is already reserved for the huge EU mandated side mirrors. That's actually why Tesla invented the camera mirrors to replace the traditional dumbo ohren and are fighting to get them approved in the EU, because having two sets of Dumbo Ears on a car would mean the end of the universe. Also, the 5% increase in range isn't on ground, but airborne as anyone with high-school math can attest.

One of the main markets for Model X will actually be parachute jumping, even from the third row.

This post is definitely not speculation.

Since this is a speculation thread: No driver seen in that car
smile.gif

Do like the design.

View attachment 73663Photo from the Twitter link.

Since this is a speculation thread: No driver seen in that car
smile.gif

Do like the design.

I thought the car is sitting in on the side of the road, but be that as it may, it looks like there is a driver if you look right behind the B pillar?

BTW: How likely is it that they just happened to park on the side of a road, right in front of an easily identifiable sign? Seems like a plant and a bit of a grab for attention. :)

Hey, we'll take it!

Last edited:
That's probably a seat.

I still think there is a driver's head peeking between the B pillar and the seat's headrest. Compare the left seat to the right seat which more clearly shows an unoccupied silhouette of the headrest only. I think we can see dark hair, light neck and a blue(ish) shirt/jacket on the driver, between the B pillar and the left front seat headrest...

What a Beluga inspired SUV might look like.

lol. oh nissan....actually all the big 3 from japan seem clueless how to make a good looking vehicle.

then again

how many good looking suv's are there, really? and not like 'good looking, for an suv', but rather 'good looking car, that just happens to be suv'

also

the X's general profile is starting to remind me of the aztek. oh my.

the more leak photos come out, the more it seems to confirm what i said before: its looking like a beluga whale version of the prius v.

and all this time ppl were saying the MLC and the x6 looked bad...

lol. oh nissan....actually all the big 3 from japan seem clueless how to make a good looking vehicle.

then again

how many good looking suv's are there, really? and not like 'good looking, for an suv', but rather 'good looking car, that just happens to be suv'

also

the X's general profile is starting to remind me of the aztek. oh my.

What's great is that Tesla will shortly have two completely different vehicles on the showroom floor, to appeal to varying tastes. I happen to like both the Model S and what we've seen hinted to on the Model X. You don't. Glad they have more than one model. :)

What's great is that Tesla will shortly have two completely different vehicles on the showroom floor, to appeal to varying tastes. I happen to like both the Model S and what we've seen hinted to on the Model X. You don't. Glad they have more than one model. :)
I've been thinking about that. Most of the mall showrooms/stores have basically space for two cars. So once Model 3 comes out... it will get tight! And then the new Roadster in 2018... they need bigger showrooms!

The X has unique style, I like it, unlike other CUVs which are just smaller landrovers/jeeps in design.

BTW The X's closest mammalian relative, in looks, is the baby elephant :wink:. In fact, its design was based on it so much, that for the final reveal Elon is going to open the Falcon Wing doors and a baby elephant will jump out.

They went back to the baby elephant due to the fact, that the ears of the rhino could not be approved in the US. Thats why the nosecone was hidden on the pictures, it needs to be modified from the rhino to the baby elephant.

/Martin

I've been thinking about that. Most of the mall showrooms/stores have basically space for two cars. So once Model 3 comes out... it will get tight! And then the new Roadster in 2018... they need bigger showrooms!

Doubt it, as in not going to happen.

Admittedly, the 2018 was intended as a joke. The 2013 Model X will start shipping to customers at some point in late, late, late 2015 (I'm guessing fifth quarter or so). The 2017 Model 3 will show around 2020, maybe late 2019.
But I'm fairly certain that the next model after that will either be a pickup or a refreshed Roadster...
(side note: Tesla wants to grow up and become a real car company, right? That means more models and that means a smoother sequence of releases. They won't get away with slipping schedules by years forever...)

The most fascinating thing about this thread, is that I can tell exactly when a new picture is posted as the page growth rate goes from 1 page per day to 5 or 6 pages per day. Saves me a lot of time knowing there's a picture somewhere in the new pages.

Last edited: