Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get pre (or rather, post) purchase inspection for used 2018 MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tangentially related to my other post here:
Most reliable way to buy a used 2016-2018 Model X - tesla direct, carmax, carvana, shift, vroom?

I will most like get an MX from either Carmax or Shift since I can see the car in person first, and also because I can return the car within a week after the purchase if there are serious problems.
I would like to get the car inspected by a "professional" during this time to make sure there are no serious issues, so I can return the car if serious issues are revealed.

But I'm not sure where to go or who can do this? For ICE cars I have always been able to just make an appt at my local mechanic for an inspection, and later in the day they come back with a report of whatever issues they found. But for something like the MX, I don't think the regular mechanic will have any idea what to check. So are there places that specialize in this? I am located in SF Bay Area if it matters.

Tangentially related to my other post here:
Most reliable way to buy a used 2016-2018 Model X - tesla direct, carmax, carvana, shift, vroom?

I will most like get an MX from either Carmax or Shift since I can see the car in person first, and also because I can return the car within a week after the purchase if there are serious problems.
I would like to get the car inspected by a "professional" during this time to make sure there are no serious issues, so I can return the car if serious issues are revealed.

But I'm not sure where to go or who can do this? For ICE cars I have always been able to just make an appt at my local mechanic for an inspection, and later in the day they come back with a report of whatever issues they found. But for something like the MX, I don't think the regular mechanic will have any idea what to check. So are there places that specialize in this? I am located in SF Bay Area if it matters.
Tesla Service Center.

Reactions: Bigriver