Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where to get winter wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Winter is coming. I want to get basic wheels for my snow tires on my Model Y. I've followed the other posts, but it's hard to find not too expensive wheels.
I'm thinking 18" wheels, hopefully something aerodynamic, with sufficient load capacity for the Model Y weight. I'm looking at these:
Tesla Model Y 2020 18 (These are just Model 3 wheels list for model Y, and rated not quite strong enough???)
18" MKW Wheels M120 Black Rims
18" NS Wheels Tuner NS9017 Black Machined Face and Lip Rims
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&autoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+Y+Long+Range&autoYear=2020&autoModClar=&wheelMake=Sport+Terrain&wheelModel=TK10&initialPartNumber=TK108801BML&selectedRear=null&wheelFinish=Black+w/Mach+Lip
And where can I get the new bluetooth TPMS sensors? I note wheels and the bluetooth TPMS sensors are not available on the Tesla website....!

Last edited:
My understanding is that the new bluetooth sensors for the Y (different than the 3) are currently available mainly at Tesla. Have been looking at the same, winter wheels for this beast. Don't get wheels that aren't rated for the increased weight of the Y! Much the same when I got one of the first Bolts, not much to choose from. With the Y at least, there are different stock wheels to swap out, and Fast Wheels is making the EV-01+, a bit like the Tesla aero wheels for the 3 but available in 19". More important for aero in winter due to lower range in cold weather, lighter than stock wheels, and these would keep most snow out of the wheels for preventing wheel balancing issues in deeper snow too. Actual retail price is about $300 each. https://www.fastwheels.ca/productin...ed+calipers)-performance+(étriers+rouge)_s_pp

Attachments

• EV01Plus.jpg
    EV01Plus.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: cstork