Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x 2023 MACSBOOST Camber Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently riding a model Y and upgrading to a model x. i plan on installing the Macboost rear camber kits. Would i still put the ride height at low or would normal height be ok?
i also planning on doing a square setup with these rims from tirerack - 20's DRAG DR-83. any one have any ideas on what the range lost would be, or a gain since this wheel would be lighter? thanks for any info

I ordered this same kit recently; haven’t received or installed yet. But my understanding is it’s essentially similar to Tesla’s setup in that it’s fixed with no possibility of it accidentally moving over time and needing to be re-aligned. Just a +.8 camber adjustment making Tesla’s default up to a -2.5 become a -1.7 or so. Much more reasonable and similar to other high performance SUV’s. The entire point is that the Tesla software now mostly tries to shoehorn you into low all the time as it’s more efficient and protects the halfshafts from one of the biggest issues that’s been around on the Model X. So regardless what height you think you’ll be running at most of the time, it will actually be in low every time you restart the car and/or exceed 55mph. Otherwise you can adjust it as needed.

I ordered this same kit recently; haven’t received or installed yet. But my understanding is it’s essentially similar to Tesla’s setup in that it’s fixed with no possibility of it accidentally moving over time and needing to be re-aligned. Just a +.8 camber adjustment making Tesla’s default up to a -2.5 become a -1.7 or so. Much more reasonable and similar to other high performance SUV’s. The entire point is that the Tesla software now mostly tries to shoehorn you into low all the time as it’s more efficient and protects the halfshafts from one of the biggest issues that’s been around on the Model X. So regardless what height you think you’ll be running at most of the time, it will actually be in low every time you restart the car and/or exceed 55mph. Otherwise you can adjust it as needed.

Do you know the thickness of the Macboost shim?

Currently riding a model Y and upgrading to a model x. i plan on installing the Macboost rear camber kits. Would i still put the ride height at low or would normal height be ok?
i also planning on doing a square setup with these rims from tirerack - 20's DRAG DR-83. any one have any ideas on what the range lost would be, or a gain since this wheel would be lighter? thanks for any info
fore tires i probably going to go cross Climate 2. i really do like the ps4 AS thats on the mylr, so i might look for a rim that supports that tire. still digging into things. Rims may change as i look for maximum efficiency. CC2 has more rolling resistance then ps4AS and are directional.

FWIW these are the recommended alignment settings from N2ITIVE. They recommend setting the height to medium then have alignment to these specs. This is why they recommend adjustable camber arms. The "acceptable" spec of -0.5 to -2.5 is way too large.

IMO this wide spec range was done (by Tesla) since they knew they had to adjust the car to run at "low" for the front half shaft issue. This causes the back camber to go too far negative. Reducing the negative camber by a flat .8 with the Macsboost shim is better than nothing but would like to see an alignment of where the camber ends up. Also Im trying to determine if the new '23 factory toe arms are adjustable.

Front Camber: -0.3° to -1.2°
Front Caster: 3.7° to 4.7°
Front Toe: 0.0° to 0.15°
Total Front Toe: 0.0° to 0.30°
Steer Ahead: -0.05° to 0.05°
Rear Camber: -0.5° to -2.5° We recommend -0.50° to -0.65°
Rear Toe: 0.05° to 0.35° We recommend 0.15° to 0.20°
Total Rear Toe: 0.30° to 0.40°
Thrust Angle: -0.10° to 0.10°

Last edited:
FWIW these are the recommended alignment settings from N2ITIVE. They recommend setting the height to medium then have alignment to these specs. This is why they recommend adjustable camber arms. The "acceptable" spec of -0.5 to -2.5 is way too large.

IMO this wide spec range was done (by Tesla) since they knew they had to adjust the car to run at "low" for the front half shaft issue. This causes the back camber to go too far negative. Reducing the negative camber by a flat .8 with the Macsboost shim is better than nothing but would like to see an alignment of where the camber ends up. Also Im trying to determine if the new '23 factory toe arms are adjustable.

Front Camber: -0.3° to -1.2°
Front Caster: 3.7° to 4.7°
Front Toe: 0.0° to 0.15°
Total Front Toe: 0.0° to 0.30°
Steer Ahead: -0.05° to 0.05°
Rear Camber: -0.5° to -2.5° We recommend -0.50° to -0.65°
Rear Toe: 0.05° to 0.35° We recommend 0.15° to 0.20°
Total Rear Toe: 0.30° to 0.40°
Thrust Angle: -0.10° to 0.10°
Thanks for sharing. Curious why they recommend having the alignment done at medium height if the car defaults to low?

Thanks for sharing. Curious why they recommend having the alignment done at medium height if the car defaults to low?
they are concerned that if their settings are used at low then the car is raised to medium then there would be too much toe out. But Im not convinced they understand that the new default is at low height setting. The only way to know for sure I guess would be to use their alignment specs at medium, then have the car set to low then get a printout of the settings. I have not found that data yet. But I do like how precise they are with their recommendations.

Also not sure if the '23 factory toe arms have enough adjustability if you replace the factory camber arms with aftermarket ones. Saves cost for parts and labor if only need to do the camber arms. Still researching....

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulipo
they are concerned that if their settings are used at low then the car is raised to medium then there would be too much toe out. But Im not convinced they understand that the new default is at low height setting. The only way to know for sure I guess would be to use their alignment specs at medium, then have the car set to low then get a printout of the settings. I have not found that data yet. But I do like how precise they are with their recommendations.

Also not sure if the '23 factory toe arms have enough adjustability if you replace the factory camber arms with aftermarket ones. Saves cost for parts and labor if only need to do the camber arms. Still researching....
Okay I thought I read previous post by n2itive that you should align it in low but I could be wrong. If I find anything I’ll link here.

It's a pretty straight forward alignment spec. Zero your toe with a slight bias depending on turn in. with a smidge of camber.

These are the conversations I had with n2itive. The one in them recommending me use medium and why. I replied and asked well bc the car forces you to ride in low and I will almost never use anything but low should I just align in low and this was there response. I’m getting my alignment done this Tuesday. I think what I will do is do medium and then drop it to low and check the numbers to see what they are and if they are still in there specs keep it there.
IMG_2761.png
IMG_2762.png

Reactions: rstx