Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model x 2023 MACSBOOST Camber Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks like they used some off the shelf 1/8" and laser cut it
Yep, it's got the "ticks" from being laser/plasma cut but not quite going through that last little bit to hold it on the sheet. Plus some stenciled engravings I'd say, maybe laser etched.

Haven't decided if I want to do it myself yet. If I do I'll get 2 PVC pipes and a big roll of yawn to "rig" a parallel perfect rectangle to make measurements against and determine how out of whack it is. But from everything I read I might just find an alignment shop willing to do a before/after and install the shims for me. Shouldn't cost much different than Tesla's price I figure. I expect my factory toe might not be as good as I'd like.

1/8" (.125) 3.175mm is likely closer to +.9mm offset based on some quick napkin math against .8 on 2.9.

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Yep, it's got the "ticks" from being laser/plasma cut but not quite going through that last little bit to hold it on the sheet. Plus some stenciled engravings I'd say, maybe laser etched.

Haven't decided if I want to do it myself yet. If I do I'll get 2 PVC pipes and a big roll of yawn to "rig" a parallel perfect rectangle to make measurements against and determine how out of whack it is. But from everything I read I might just find an alignment shop willing to do a before/after and install the shims for me. Shouldn't cost much different than Tesla's price I figure. I expect my factory toe might not be as good as I'd like.

1/8" (.125) 3.175mm is likely closer to +.9mm offset based on some quick napkin math against .8 on 2.9.
Is there a reason the macsboost shim is a single piece for both bolts of the camber arm (per side)? Is there a benefit to that design vs two separate washer type shims?

Is there a reason the macsboost shim is a single piece for both bolts of the camber arm (per side)? Is there a benefit to that design vs two separate washer type shims?
I've been debating that and honestly I dunno if there is any advantage to it. Doesn't seem like it. Perhaps lateral torque that could be applied via the camber arm is more stable; but that seems already to be overreach for typical day to day driving.

I found the bolt details in another post. M12x1.75 x 46. I’m wondering if it’s better to just get M12x1.75x 50 bolts since adding a 3 mm washer. Hopefully the hole in the body allows an additional millimeter of thread. Does anyone know the grade of bolt used from Tesla?