Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

where to sell Tesla for the best price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i put mine on craigs list and on ebay and got couple of bites on ebay they went as high as 90k but i want 95 min is that too high?

My car is 2020 Model S Blue with creame interior. 19inch wheels, clean with FSD, free supoer charging for me but dont think it will transfer, carbon fiber spoiler at the back, 3M tape on hood and pillars etc has 9k miles,

when i try carvana or givemethevin, carmax and they al;l are making usb 80k offers waiting to hear back from Tesla.

Don't get your hopes up with Tesla. They just called me today to see if I want to trade in my 2021 (bought Nov 2020) Red Model S FSD 19" 9,500 miles and they gave me $66K. For me I think I would take the $90K if I got that on craigslist. Mine was $88K out the door. I might try onlyusedtesla.com to sell mine. They take $200 to list the car. How much extra money did you put into the car?

I went with Craigs list and ebay this summer. (at the time ebay was a flat $50 or so, for 7 day ad with no commission/additional fees. I think thats since changed?)
Anyways, short version: Car sold on ebay (not an auction, a flat sale) for $1k less than my full asking price, which was still $8k over whatever Carmax/Carvana, etc were offering me at the time. It was the higher end of the KBB Private sale value. ANd that was about $1k over what I paid for the car 2 years ago. (2017 S that i bought from Tesla in 2019 with 1400 miles on it/demo).

Certified funds arrived next day air, I waited for the funds to clear before I sent title. Buyer was fine with that/no pressure. He paid for auto truck transport to pick up, he notified me 2 days later when it arrived to him halfway across the country, and he was happy/never heard from him since.

All that said, a local CL guy had contacted me around same time as the ebay ad was ending. Claimed he was going to give me the FULL asking price ($1k more) and was sorely disappointed when he found out it sold. But as they say, bird in the hand and all that jazz..

Tesla's trade in values suck because they don't really want your car......they want you to buy a new one.

I've heard givemethevin.com is good......you could also try listing on onlyusedtesla.com

Just keep in mind that you're asking $95k for a car that's 2 model years old.......whereas if someone waits 3 months, they can get a brand new car with the new body style and new interior for the same price.

Last edited:
Hey! I think we are in a similar boat. My model S 2020 with FSD and free supercharging was offered 59k by Tesla. I got 80k offer by Carmax. I sold it to AutoNation today for 83k. I wanted 85k but I put 22k miles on it. I think it was worth it to sell. Placed an order for a Plaid today. Eagerly waiting now lol

Reactions: MrKool
Hey! I think we are in a similar boat. My model S 2020 with FSD and free supercharging was offered 59k by Tesla. I got 80k offer by Carmax. I sold it to AutoNation today for 83k. I wanted 85k but I put 22k miles on it. I think it was worth it to sell. Placed an order for a Plaid today. Eagerly waiting now lol

Would you like to buy my Plaid? It's had absolutely NO issues. None. Seriously, no issues. The most perfect car you could ever imagine. Seriously, nobody has had a more perfect car. It's the most perfect car in the history of cars. So perfect. So... perfect.

i put mine on craigs list and on ebay and got couple of bites on ebay they went as high as 90k but i want 95 min is that too high?

My car is 2020 Model S Blue with creame interior. 19inch wheels, clean with FSD, free supoer charging for me but dont think it will transfer, carbon fiber spoiler at the back, 3M tape on hood and pillars etc has 9k miles,

when i try carvana or givemethevin, carmax and they al;l are making usb 80k offers waiting to hear back from Tesla.
Your car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Despite the fact you would like to get $95K, it sounds like it’s worth $90K tops right now.

If I were you, I would take that money and run. You’re getting a +$10K premium over Carmax

Your car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Despite the fact you would like to get $95K, it sounds like it’s worth $90K tops right now.

If I were you, I would take that money and run. You’re getting a +$10K premium over Carmax

I agree. 90k is a good offer. I would do it if I was you. Heck I did it on the same car but with 22k miles instead of 7k miles; and I took 83k. 90k is def worth. Do it and run before they change thier mind! Lol

Reactions: MrKool