Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where would you put 50 new destination chargers in South Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this report (see link below) that Elon will fund 50 new Tesla regional destination chargers for South Australia. I wonder where you would suggest we put them and why.

I have listed 28 towns which allows for 1-2 destination chargers at each. It would make sense to add a generic non-tesla EV point at each point perhaps funded by local councils rather than Tesla. If local councils committed to fund a 1:1 Tesla destination charger then this list could be expanded to 50 sites across regional SA.

1. Link to NT - Port Augusta, Glendambo, Coober Pedy, Marla
2. Link to Nullabor - Kyancutta, Ceduna, Yalata
3. Link to Mildura - Blanchetown, Renmark
4. Link to Broken Hill - Yunta
5.Yorke Peninsula - Port Wakefield, Wallaroo, Minlaton, Edithburg, Marion Bay
6. Eyre Peninsula - Elliston, Port Lincoln, Arno Bay
7. Fleurieu - Yankalilla, Cape Jervis, Strathalbyn, Victor Harbor
8. Limestone - Narracorte, Mt Gambier, Robe
9. Kangaroo Island - Flinders Chase, Penneshaw, Kingscote

No Cookies | The Advertiser

The link went to a subscribe now page for me, but from the headline don't destination charger locations get approved based on proposals from buinesses? This isn't about extending supercharging on routes so it won't be based on towns but on locations of accommodation or attractions and shopping venues where vehicles remain parked for an extended time.

I understand from the previous remote trips in SA (and WA, NT), people tried to request Tesla destination chargers for locations along these routes, but Tesla would not supply them - not sure of the reasoning, perhaps they didn't want to be seen to encourage travel to remote areas where people could get stuck, or didn't want DCs used as on-the-cheap superchargers...

So for these reasons I think the DCs will be at actual destinations, not used to complete travel routes.

I do an occasional filtered google search to find local council applications for superchargers. Recently I've had a lot of false positives, but they have turned out to be very relevant for this thread! The following councils are planning to put Tesla destination chargers in the following towns:

Mid-Murray Council - Mannum
Mt Barker Council - Mt Barker and Hahndorf
Wattle Range Council - Millicent and Beachport

No doubt not the only ones, but they've all popped up in my search!

Reactions: BenT and baillies
I do an occasional filtered google search to find local council applications for superchargers. Recently I've had a lot of false positives, but they have turned out to be very relevant for this thread! The following councils are planning to put Tesla destination chargers in the following towns:

Mid-Murray Council - Mannum
Mt Barker Council - Mt Barker and Hahndorf
Wattle Range Council - Millicent and Beachport

No doubt not the only ones, but they've all popped up in my search!

Thanks chuq. What search terms do you use?