Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which charging cable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's one of the newer leafs (the second generation from around 2017) then it uses the same cable (type 2 cable) for home charging. If it's one of the older ones, those use type 1 cables & you would need an adapter.

I currently charge my Leaf on a Podpoint at home but what cable do I need to charge my M3 when it arrives or can I buy an adaptor for my current charger?

Any links / recommendations appreciated.
If your type 1 lead is tethered i.e. hard wired to the wall point, your best fix is to purchase a new cable and Type 2 plug and ask an electrician to change it. Should only take half an hour.
There are many companies on the web that sell them.

If your type 1 lead is tethered i.e. hard wired to the wall point, your best fix is to purchase a new cable and Type 2 plug and ask an electrician to change it. Should only take half an hour.
There are many companies on the web that sell them.
Its not hard wired as I take the cable with me on the off chance one of the free chargers where I'm currently working are available, and today they are.

Picture of PodPoint with flap open would be useful just to confirm. If it is Type 2 your car should come with the right cable.
D72B5A2F-5966-40B3-B43D-935C32E341CB.jpeg