Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which insurance companies to get quotes from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently insured with Geico but because of an at fault injury accident by one of the household members, they have raised my premium twice now. They are also moving my policy from Geico to Geico Casualty - whatever that means. The combined increase is about 50% of original policy price and it might be reasonable given the accident logistics, but I'd like to shop around and see if I can get a better deal somewhere else. Any advise on which companies to get quotes from? Is it even worth trying to shop around for a cheaper insurance than Geico?

When I bought my Tesla 100D 4 months ago I was with State Auto and the rate they gave me for the "S" was twice the rate for my current cars one being a 2018 Corvette ZO6 so I asked my Tesla rep and he said most owners in this area were going with Progressive Direct (cheaper than your Agent) and that proved to be true. The rate was the same as my Zo6. I know we're in different parts of the Country but it's worth checking. Good Luck.