Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which offset for 9.5" wide rims?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which offset will work with 9.5" wide wheels front and rear?

I have a set of wheels here which I believe is either ET35 or ET40 (marking is unclear/wrong), and they will definitely rub the suspension "strut" in the front and almost rub the inner fender liner in the rear. I need spacers, but I don't want to deviate more from stock offset than I need to..

What are the full specs on the wheels? 9.5” fronts are probably the issue and will need to be pushed out as you stated. Rears I’m surprised you’re having issues as I run a 20x10.5 with 35mm offset and haven’t had any problems.

The wheels are 9.5x19 ET35 or ET40. They will slightly rub the front suspension and they will sit uncomfortably close to the inner fender liner in the rear..

Anyonw knows if 10 mm spacers will fit with enough threads left to mount the wheel safely? The thinnest spacers that bolt to the hub are 15 mm, and although it might be fine in the rear, it will probabaly not work up front.

The wheels are 9.5x19 ET35 or ET40. They will slightly rub the front suspension and they will sit uncomfortably close to the inner fender liner in the rear..

Anyonw knows if 10 mm spacers will fit with enough threads left to mount the wheel safely? The thinnest spacers that bolt to the hub are 15 mm, and although it might be fine in the rear, it will probabaly not work up front.
Since you went 1.5” wider in the front compared to stock and the wheel is touching the suspension as-is, you just need to test fit the wheel again and start detailed measurements of the studs with the wheel on. Either that or just bite the bullet and get spacers to experiment with. Assume these are used wheels that were from a different car vs you specifically ordering them, in which case an exchange might be possible (assuming you didn’t mount tires)?

I did some measurements using some genering ($8 for two) spacers - and I found I need ET30 up front to clear the front suspension by 6 mm. I will also go for ET30 in the rear, as ET35 leaves it veeeery tight on the inside. With 5 mm spacers, the wheel studs doesn't need to be changed, as the nuts will go on more than 9 full turns.

I ordered quality hubcentric wheel spacers yesterday, so I'll update when I get them and install the wheels. :)

I did some measurements using some genering ($8 for two) spacers - and I found I need ET30 up front to clear the front suspension by 6 mm. I will also go for ET30 in the rear, as ET35 leaves it veeeery tight on the inside. With 5 mm spacers, the wheel studs doesn't need to be changed, as the nuts will go on more than 9 full turns.

I ordered quality hubcentric wheel spacers yesterday, so I'll update when I get them and install the wheels. :)
You mean final offsets of 30mm front and rear vs buying giant 30mm spacers?