Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which tesla ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From your responses it seems like your heart likes the Model S a lot more. Keep in mind the MX is designed for people with little kids with ease of putting them in and taking them out of kid seats over the S. Are your kids still that young? if so, bring kid seats to test drive. All that being said, your going to spend a lot on the vehicle so go with what makes you happy which sounds like the MS at this point.

Reactions: plumazul
From your responses it seems like your heart likes the Model S a lot more. Keep in mind the MX is designed for people with little kids with ease of putting them in and taking them out of kid seats over the S. Are your kids still that young? if so, bring kid seats to test drive. All that being said, your going to spend a lot on the vehicle so go with what makes you happy which sounds like the MS at this point.
Yep you’re right
Kids are 5 and 7 and i kept the tesla 3 years
I don’t think i take 2 trunk seat in the TMS if i buy it, my child will be seek i think
So it’s between classic TMS or 7 seater TMX, need to compare the trunk with a meters in the shop

I have a 7 seat Model S and I will say the grandkids love to ride in it. But by age 10 they are all too big for it. Also, we got a loaner model x for a service visit a year or so ago. We hadn't gone two blocks and my wife said "So, we could trade yours in for this, right?" I have to admit that the model X is much, much more convenient for getting in and out of for both people and things. Also, I thought it was a lot prettier than our 2014 Model S. And it was only a 2015 model X! Prettier, on the inside. Outside? The model S is a beaut.

Another thought. If you go 70 in the model S, and 65 in the model X, I think you'll find the range pretty close. You could easily go to Ev trip planner or one of the other sites and check that out.

I have a 7 seat Model S and I will say the grandkids love to ride in it. But by age 10 they are all too big for it. Also, we got a loaner model x for a service visit a year or so ago. We hadn't gone two blocks and my wife said "So, we could trade yours in for this, right?" I have to admit that the model X is much, much more convenient for getting in and out of for both people and things. Also, I thought it was a lot prettier than our 2014 Model S. And it was only a 2015 model X! Prettier, on the inside. Outside? The model S is a beaut.

Another thought. If you go 70 in the model S, and 65 in the model X, I think you'll find the range pretty close. You could easily go to Ev trip planner or one of the other sites and check that out.
Many thanks for this resume ! Dunno which color i take if buy TMX so. For TMS red is my favourite !!

Ok just back from tesla store
Definitively model X best for me in 6 seats
Waiting for an offer with lean mensuality from them
Dunno if i take tan or white for interior and red or dark grey metallic for exterior though, but i have 6 months to decide it
Many thanks

• Love
Reactions: pkodali
Ok just back from tesla store
Definitively model X best for me in 6 seats
Waiting for an offer with lean mensuality from them
Dunno if i take tan or white for interior and red or dark grey metallic for exterior though, but i have 6 months to decide it
Many thanks

Good choice on the 6 seater over the 7 seater. We changed our mind to the 6 seater just before purchasing and after 30,000 miles think it was a really good decision. Tan or white will look great with red exterior with edge toward white. Tan interior will not look good on grey car in my opinion. I actually really like the grey with white seats and am thinking of going that route with my M3 purchase. Good luck with the lease negotiation.

@jaguar36 if you disagree with what I said, then bring up a different perspective rather than just rating my post
What more is there to say? There are a lot of situations where the extra range of the S can be a huge deal. Particularly as the rated range on the S is less exaggerated than the rated range on the X.

Also, your begging for a referral is poor manners.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy and SSonnentag
What more is there to say? There are a lot of situations where the extra range of the S can be a huge deal. Particularly as the rated range on the S is less exaggerated than the rated range on the X.

Also, your begging for a referral is poor manners.
Could you list some? I said 99% of the time it won't make a difference, especially because superchargers are spaced out at regular intervals and the extra 35 miles won't let you skip a stop, just accelerate charging time. And i realized I shouldn't ask about the referral thing here, which is why I editted it almost immediately to take it out

Like I said, its more like 50 or more miles, not 35. That's enough to frequently let you skip a supercharger stop, or give more flexibility to choose a better supercharger for the situation (one with better amenities or easier access). France doesn't have as dense supercharger coverage as around here, but that will likely change during his ownership.

I've got a S85 and S P100D which have about the same difference in range. About once a month I'll take the P100D on a trip instead of the 85 as it will save me a stop. I've also had it when I was on vacation at a house with no charging where the extra range made that I could go the whole trip without having to make a special trip back to the supercharger. If I had taken the 85 I would have had to spend two hours in the middle of the week making a special trip just to go to the supercharger.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy
Like I said, its more like 50 or more miles, not 35. That's enough to frequently let you skip a supercharger stop, or give more flexibility to choose a better supercharger for the situation (one with better amenities or easier access). France doesn't have as dense supercharger coverage as around here, but that will likely change during his ownership.

I've got a S85 and S P100D which have about the same difference in range. About once a month I'll take the P100D on a trip instead of the 85 as it will save me a stop. I've also had it when I was on vacation at a house with no charging where the extra range made that I could go the whole trip without having to make a special trip back to the supercharger. If I had taken the 85 I would have had to spend two hours in the middle of the week making a special trip just to go to the supercharger.
I'll take your word on the range thing, but if it is once a month, that means it only makes a difference 3 percent of the time. The point I was trying to make was that he should consider the extra utility and that it would likely come in handy more than the extra range