Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which tires did you get on your 2022 MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought MYP’s were coming with the all season tires now but I see many are still coming with the summer tires. What tires did everyone get? Also what was your delivery date and location? Thanks.
Tesla changes often. In 12/2021 I was given all season. Just met someone who got their car around 2/2022 & they got summer tires. Our delivery location is within same area of the state too 🤷‍♂️

Tesla changes often. In 12/2021 I was given all season. Just met someone who got their car around 2/2022 & they got summer tires. Our delivery location is within same area of the state too 🤷‍♂️
I’m curious what people are getting more of. My SA told me it used to be winter tires for winter delivery dates. Summer for summer. But I thought the all seasons were too new for that to be a trend. I’m in Northern Illinois and am really hoping for the AS tires for my August EDD. I know there’s no way of knowing until you get it, but interested to see what is more normal this year.

This is our story from late January 2022 to pick up March 19th;
The sales center where we did our test drives had the ASs on all of their MYs. ( Maryland )
The sales people actually went out of their way to inform us that all MYs now ship with the AS tires.
I stopped at another sales center in PA and was told the same thing.
When we went to pick up our MYP late February ( in PA ) it looked absolutely gorgeous.
Then we saw that it had P0s on it and asked what was going on with the tires.
While we stood there in the sleet and freezing rain, the sales associate and sales manager drilled us that ALL MYPs are shipped with P0s, period, we informed them that we were told different, of course we were incorrect.
We refused the MYP, I wasn't shelling out another $2K so that we could drive the car in bad weather.
We weren't 5 minutes away from the pickup point when they called us to say that another MYP would be there in 2 weeks for us and that it will have AS tires on it.
As soon as you have a VIN, call or get into chat and ask what tires your build has on it.
We did not know that we would need to do this, it can save you some pain and suffering.
Do not rely on any info that is passed to you via mouth to ear from any sales associates.

Reactions: DerbyCityY
This is our story from late January 2022 to pick up March 19th;
The sales center where we did our test drives had the ASs on all of their MYs. ( Maryland )
The sales people actually went out of their way to inform us that all MYs now ship with the AS tires.
I stopped at another sales center in PA and was told the same thing.
When we went to pick up our MYP late February ( in PA ) it looked absolutely gorgeous.
Then we saw that it had P0s on it and asked what was going on with the tires.
While we stood there in the sleet and freezing rain, the sales associate and sales manager drilled us that ALL MYPs are shipped with P0s, period, we informed them that we were told different, of course we were incorrect.
We refused the MYP, I wasn't shelling out another $2K so that we could drive the car in bad weather.
We weren't 5 minutes away from the pickup point when they called us to say that another MYP would be there in 2 weeks for us and that it will have AS tires on it.
As soon as you have a VIN, call or get into chat and ask what tires your build has on it.
We did not know that we would need to do this, it can save you some pain and suffering.
Do not rely on any info that is passed to you via mouth to ear from any sales associates.
Great information! Thanks

Received our MYP on May 29. all season tires.

Attachments

• 98C8A495-E8F0-4A17-B133-5EED199A99E1.jpeg
    98C8A495-E8F0-4A17-B133-5EED199A99E1.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 402
  • DCA66463-79E3-4445-81FA-A79F87CF84C4.jpeg
    DCA66463-79E3-4445-81FA-A79F87CF84C4.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Picked up my MYP last week. It came with Michelin A/S. Ironically, there were 2 other MYP next to me and both were with the P-Zero Summer tires. Both owners asked how I get the A/S. I told them no idea, luck of the draw I guess.....

I thought MYP’s were coming with the all season tires now but I see many are still coming with the summer tires. What tires did everyone get? Also what was your delivery date and location? Thanks.
I just took delivery of my 2022 MYP this past Saturday, June 18, 2022, and it came with the Pirelli P-Zero summer tires.. I was hoping it would have come with the Michelin all-season tires. I contacted the local Tesla people and they told me that the type of tire that is on the car when it is shipped depends on the time of year. So, since mine came in the summer, I got summer tires. That's nuts! So, I am trying to find someone at Tesla to make the swap to the Michelin all season tire at no cost to me.
Anyone else dealing with this issue? If so, PLEASE advise.
Many thanks!