Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which vaccine did you get?

Which Vaccine did you get?

• Pfizer

Votes: 60 56.1%
  • Moderna

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • J&J

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • AstraZeneca

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sputnik V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinovac

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even FDA refuses to budge on its standards and I applaud them.
The emergency uses authorization (EUA) for the vaccines only exists due to pressure from the previous white house administration.
when the FDA approves the vaccines, I will re-evaluate my decision, until then I'll let you be the lab rats.

Simple question. How many people do you think would die if that EUA wasn't granted?

it is not a vaccine. It is gene therapy (AKA Chemo)
all 3 websites admit there is no vaccine for covid the in fine print. You're being bullied. I'm not getting it. Mercola.com will give you all the info you need to contradict main stream media propaganda

all 3 websites admit there is no vaccine for covid the in fine print. You're being bullied. I'm not getting it. Mercola.com will give you all the info you need to contradict main stream media propaganda

It's not gene therapy, it's not modifying your genes. It's telling your cells to manufacture the spike protein to train your immune system. It's like sending a .pdf to your printer. Does that modify the printer?

... there are endless reports of fatalities being labeled as dying from covid rather than dying with covid - HUGE influence on the real numbers

The Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast had a good explanation a while back: Death certificates generally list the proximate cause of death. For example, COVID can cause pneumonia and pneumonia can kill you. You died of pneumonia but it was the COVID that caused the pneumonia. The result is that the number of deaths resulting from COVID have been greatly under-counted. If those people had been vaccinated against COVID they never would have gotten the pneumonia that killed them. In addition, people who die at home are not always counted correctly when COVID causes a condition that kills them.

The vaccines have been clearly shown to be extremely safe. You claim the vaccine has killed 12 people. Close to five hundred million people have been vaccinated. Drinking a glass of water has killed more people than 12 out of 500 million.

Anti-vaccine propaganda is pure idiocy, spread by cranks and by quacks selling their own "alternative" (i.e. fraudulent) nostrums.

None.

Christian Elliot’s “18 Reasons I Won’t Be Getting a Covid Vaccine”: Viral antivaccine misinformation

Went with what my wife got after she told me to get my butt down there and get vaccinated. Moderna x2 good for sound of silence next month.

I really can't comprehend this many people passing from a singular cause. Not sure many can in many generations. 5X times Michigan stadium is what I told my boys. That's just our country. When I hear people parse words and percentages that's what I think.
U_M_Football_Stadium_00c9c2fb-7ecb-4a05-afd9-0fca59f4970d.jpg

Side note. Son has walking pneumonia covid-19. An athlete that would make most here heads spin. A poster child of healthiness. Don't mess with it. Get vaccinated please.

Went with what my wife got after she told me to get my butt down there and get vaccinated. Moderna x2 good for sound of silence next month.

I really can't comprehend this many people passing from a singular cause. Not sure many can in many generations. 5X times Michigan stadium is what I told my boys. That's just our country. When I hear people parse words and percentages that's what I think.
View attachment 655415
Side note. Son has walking pneumonia covid-19. An athlete that would make most here heads spin. A poster child of healthiness. Don't mess with it. Get vaccinated please.
I saw your Michigan stadium picture - and just wanted to say.... GO BUCKS! :)

Disagree. I GOT the Pfizer. I would not have GOT ASTRAZENECA.

... if you show up to a vaccination site and they ask 'Would you like Pfizer or AstraZeneca'... sure... take the Pfizer. But I don't think that's how it usually works. They generally have one or the other and stats are stats. The odds of an adverse reaction to AstraZeneca are ~1:1,000,000. The odds of an adverse reaction to COVID are ~1:150 so far. You're STILL better off with AstraZeneca than waiting even a few days to get a different vaccine...

Disagree. I GOT the Pfizer. I would not have GOT ASTRAZENECA.

The data is clear: Your chances of an adverse reaction from the AstraZeneca vaccine are tiny, both in absolute terms and compared to your chances of getting COVID and dying if you delay getting vaccinated by any significant amount of time. And that's without even speaking of your chances of surviving COVID but with severe long-term health consequences.

A rational assessment of the risks clearly points to the advice to get whichever vaccine you're offered first.

Sadly, most people are really bad at rational risk assessment and make bad choices all the time. And if enough people make the bad choice to not get vaccinated, because of all the fear and disinformation being spread around, we might not reach herd immunity. The longer people wait to get vaccinated, the more people will die and the more people will have serious long-term illness after recovery.

The data is clear: Your chances of an adverse reaction from the AstraZeneca vaccine are tiny, both in absolute terms and compared to your chances of getting COVID and dying if you delay getting vaccinated by any significant amount of time. And that's without even speaking of your chances of surviving COVID but with severe long-term health consequences.

A rational assessment of the risks clearly points to the advice to get whichever vaccine you're offered first.

Sadly, most people are really bad at rational risk assessment and make bad choices all the time. And if enough people make the bad choice to not get vaccinated, because of all the fear and disinformation being spread around, we might not reach herd immunity. The longer people wait to get vaccinated, the more people will die and the more people will have serious long-term illness after recovery.
Luckily I had the chance to get the Pfizer and not ASTRAZENECA. I heard that ASTRAZENECA Is less efficent than Pfizer and has more drawbacks than Pfizer. That's why I prefer the Pfizer over the ASTRAZENECA.

Nonsense. It's like all vaccines, it is training your immune system so it can respond to the actual virus. It doesnt modify your genome at all. I'll tell you what DOES modify your genome .. the virus!! That's what you should be scared of. But of course, so does every common cold you've ever had.

And why do you think chemo is gene therapy?

Reactions: nwdiver
more proof the statics are WRONG and misleading.

let's start with 'estimated 299,028', - so precise a number for an estimate (ha ha) - and where exactly did these deaths from (not with), covid, take place?, in one particular country? in one particular state? Geographical? Demographical?

Generic language like 'excessive deaths' - that should cover up the exaggerations, I mean explain the numbers.
Statistics can be manipulated/miss-presented all day long.

I sincerely believe that if you (anyone) wants to get one of the vaccine's - go for it, I fully support it, hell, I'll even give you a ride to and from.
I won't think more of less of anyone based on their choice.
But not all of us are drinking the cool aid.
The cool aid you are drinking is laced with arsenic .. sure you want to drink it?

Personally, I'm looking forward to all the restrictions on those who refuse to take the vaccine .. no flying, no going to movies, no going to restaurants etc. So go ahead and live in your fantasy world of conspiracies and fake science/news to prop them up, and leave the rest of us to enjoy life.

Reactions: nwdiver
I had the Johnson and Johnson. Twenty-one days after my injection, the J&J was paused. If it had been paused a week or two earlier, I would have spent the entire time worrying I was just about to die. If a booster is required next year, I think I'll get the Pfizer like my wife.

That whole scenario sucked. I saw a pretty good retort from Chris Hayes to Dr Faucci saying it was ‘an abundance of caution.’ There’s risk on both sides. We don’t want ‘an abundance’... we want the right amount.

I heard that ASTRAZENECA Is less efficent than Pfizer and has more drawbacks than Pfizer.

You heard wrong. AstraZenica was tested much later than Pfizer and was tested in different regions than Pfizer. Pfizer was tested before any of the variants were widespread. AstraZenica was tested in the presence of a high percentage of the variants. It is likely that Pfizer would have gotten similar numbers if it had been tested at the same time in the same places.

Both vaccines, as well as Moderna have been 100% effective at preventing serious cases of COVID in the real world and all have been extremely effective at preventing mild cases. You are probably at much greater risk delaying your vaccination a week than getting A-Z instead of Pfizer. Women 18 to 49 have a one in a million chance if a clotting disorder which, if they get it, has a one-in-six chance of being fatal. You take that risk every time you get in a car. If you are a woman between 18 and 49 and you have a choice, get the Pfizer, but not if it would mean delating vaccination an additional month, because the risk of remaining unvaccinated an additional month poses a greater risk than the A-Z vaccine.

If they start offering a booster, I would choose to take A-Z or J&J just because I got Pfizer and I think that getting two different ones would be better than getting the same one twice.

Reactions: Raffy.Roma
I can't remember where I heard this: (Apologies if I read it upthread.)

What if a space alien arrived on Earth and offered us a marvelous new technology that that would make our lives much more convenient but would kill one and a third million people a year. Would you accept it? A lot of people would say no. Automobile accidents kill that many every year.

If everybody in the world got the A-Z vaccine, fewer than 1,300 would die of blood clots. Compare that to one and a third million dead from traffic fatalities every year and three million dead of COVID already.