Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which wireless charging mat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should I get the Taptes Gen 1 or Gen 2. Gen 1 has better reviews and both of them are at the same price range.

Regards
S
The Gen 2 is just newer so less reviews. It's just barely hitting the market. The main thing you'll get with the Gen 2 is the ability to put your phone in landscape, and physical charge cable option, and a set of included USB splitters. That said I've been using Gen1 for the past year with no problems. I'm trying out the Gen 2 now. They both charge my phone just fine...

I went with the Jeda.

Yes, they take forever to arrive and their fulfillment process is second only to the Tesla online store.
But it fits great, has no movement at all, very secure, can handle the orientation of any phone in any position and has no lights on it.

Sometimes it's the simple things - silly little LEDs for charge status is highly unnecessary. It's not like you're sitting around waiting for the phone to complete its charge. Jeda engineering got the overall form right: no lights, all use-cases, etc.

Reactions: T3SLA3
If you want to stay budget friendly, try the Taptes Gen 2 Wireless Charger

Otherwise your higher end options are:
Jeda
And
Nomad
That link is not for the TapTes Gen 2; the sale item is Gen 1. The Gen 2 has a divider higher up on the pad, allowing for horizontal placement of the phone while charging. I'm sure there are other differences too.
Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3
I just installed my TapTes Gen 2 wireless charging pad today & so far, so good.
If you want to stay budget friendly, try the Taptes Gen 2 Wireless Charger

Otherwise your higher end options are:
Jeda
And
Nomad

• Informative
Reactions: Tim Hyatt
The OEM Tesla wireless charging pad is the best one. I tried the aftermarket pads from amazon and while they work and serve the purpose, none of them beat to fit, finish, and quality of the OEM Tesla pad.

For example: it has more coils so your phone will charge no matter how youbplace it; the rubber provides more grip so the phone does not slide; the pad itself is a perfect fit for the space and there’s no wiggle room for it; and it comes with a new trim piece that holds the phone snugly.

The OEM Tesla wireless charging pad is the best one. I tried the aftermarket pads from amazon and while they work and serve the purpose, none of them beat to fit, finish, and quality of the OEM Tesla pad.

For example: it has more coils so your phone will charge no matter how youbplace it; the rubber provides more grip so the phone does not slide; the pad itself is a perfect fit for the space and there’s no wiggle room for it; and it comes with a new trim piece that holds the phone snugly.
That’s great to hear. For something that’s going to be in the car for a decade, I mean how hard is it to f up a charging coil that will break, fit and finish mean a lot to me. It’s like spending money on a proper fitting sun shade. It’s worth it.

That’s great to hear. For something that’s going to be in the car for a decade, I mean how hard is it to f up a charging coil that will break, fit and finish mean a lot to me. It’s like spending money on a proper fitting sun shade. It’s worth it.
Yeah and it’s the kind of thing that you won’t appreciate until you try the aftermarket vs. OEM charging pad. If you’ve never tried the OEM charging pad but have been using the aftermarket ones, then you’ll never see the need for the OEM model or justify the extra cost. But once you try it, you won’t go back

I have connected taptes directly to the two USB ports in the car. My iPhone X plus charges at 2 watts according to amperes app. At home, the amperes app shows it charging at 7+ Watts when connected to wall outlet.

Attachments

• 983D311B-7278-496D-AF14-EB2697D50873.png
    983D311B-7278-496D-AF14-EB2697D50873.png
    388.8 KB · Views: 54
I have connected taptes directly to the two USB ports in the car. My iPhone X plus charges at 2 watts according to amperes app. At home, the amperes app shows it charging at 7+ Watts when connected to wall outlet.

Might want to try using the included splitter cables, I've seen a few threads where folks had issues "directly" plugging in