Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whistling wind noise sound over 60mph, but not when behind a car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my Model X in for the parking brake recall. While there I showed them my hack for shimming the B pillar to eliminate the wind leak at the lower back corner. They decided to also replace both front door gaskets and the little front triangle window gaskets too as I have seen water intrusion there before.

So hopefully my noise is reduced now too. Have not been on freeway speeds yet to tell if I am out of the woods or not but even before the new seals I had my car pretty tolerable in the leaking window area. So I think it's possible to get this addressed.

I also considered dynamat but my sc people strongly advised against it especially on the doors. I guess other people tried and messed up their automatic open close doors because of weight and various other problems. But if u do get it and it helps let us know !!!

Wow, good to know. My service center has just played dumb on that and said we don't know. It would be great to know/figure out if the noise is coming through the floor, the doors or the inadequate wind seals. I'm sure the answer is yes, but, to what extent and degree? I will continue on this quest, but, will change the order of addressing the noise to have the door be the last thing. Appreciate that heads up!