Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White interior - Should i get it? How well has your interior held up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a model 3 with white interior and fell in love. I am not the cleanest person (but not an animal either), I wear jeans to work, i drink coffee during my 30 minute commute, and have a 8 month old with another one expected soon. So, how does the white interior hold up? if i have baby wipes and care for the car how much damage can i expect by year 5? Will the white be discolored and gross by then or as long as i wipe down dirt and spills as they come and do a deep cleaning once or twice a year can i expect it to be in good shape?

P.S. i'd love some pics/examples of how your interiors have held up.

Thanks!

I too ordered white (only have had my car for 10 days) - the white is awesome looking ...
and yes I have had a chance to use the baby wipes to clean up a spilt Starbuck's beverage ....
Cleaned up very nicely .... not sure I'd want these types of stains going unattended for long ....

I think probably if you want white - you are going to have get into a pattern of throughly wiping the seats downs once per month with baby wipes to ensure that incidental dye transfer from jeans, dark shirts, etc. doesnt cause permanent damage.

John

Reactions: Nikodouls
I got the white seats in my 2020 Model S LR+ only because it was an inventory model, one of the last available that offered lifetime free supercharging, so I decided that was worth it to deal with the white seats (I would've preferred an all-black interior).

Anyways, I use Huggies® Unscented Baby Wipes to occasionally clean the seats (dark clothing can rub off on the seats I find), and they do a great job. Absolutely unscented so they don't stink the car up with some kind of soapy/chemical smell.

The other interesting thing with white seats is that the slighted tiny spot or fleck of cloth or pine needle that flies in from an open window, or bit of leaf or any tiny crumb -- all of it shows up very obviously against the white of the seat. And you notice it right away.

Finally: everywhere I go, like at a Starbucks drive-thru, etc, women are CONSTANTLY commenting on the white seats. It's like a babe magnet. Just sayin'. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Nikodouls