Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Leather Sig & Founder

P85DBeast

Side tEsLa
Mar 29, 2015
Atlanta, GA
One of the Tesla Wiki post says that the founders and Sig series were available to be ordered with white leather"Initially interior seating was only offered in Nappa leather. Signature Series and Founders cars are offered with a white leather option color choice. In addition a perforated leather seating material was available for Signature Series"just wondering was this true or was this false Information..

spentan

Dec 26, 2012
SoCal
Signature reservations holders were not offered white leather seating. It's a white synthetic leather-like material (and really nice).

I think P85DBeast is referring to the Model S Sigs/Founders. I know for a fact they were available with white leather, as I was going to get one (back in Australia I had Sig #23 before cancelling and moving to USA)

Dale Adams

Nov 10, 2011
Prunedale, CA
How's it hold up to stains and such?

Sig 580 here. I ordered the white leather as it was the only choice other than black which provided a two-tone interior (white and black) rather than three, as the white leather is a very close match to the light colored headliner. I wanted a lighter-colored leather, but thought the tan leather was just too different from light headliner material which was the only headliner choice for Model S sigs. I've had no problems at all with stains and the leather still looks great after more than 3 years (and I wear blue jeans in the car all the time).

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
Sig 580 here. I ordered the white leather as it was the only choice other than black which provided a two-tone interior (white and black) rather than three, as the white leather is a very close match to the light colored headliner. I wanted a lighter-colored leather, but thought the tan leather was just too different from light headliner material which was the only headliner choice for Model S sigs. I've had no problems at all with stains and the leather still looks great after more than 3 years (and I wear blue jeans in the car all the time).

Thanks Dale

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC